U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

25 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just been chatting to a mate, she’s not happy because she thinks Trump is going to win. She didn’t know that it’s going to be completely the opposite 

I’ve been mainly on the BBC too. Like some villager in the Vietnamese jungle still fighting the war 15 years after, completely unaware it ended

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

On CNN who is the man who keeps poking the virtual map so informatively? I think I'm in love with him. 

I'm my defence, I am also a bit drunk, but who isn't into men who know their way around interactive  election results.

It’s John King - and I saw him first! :)

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Just been chatting to a mate, she’s not happy because she thinks Trump is going to win. She didn’t know that it’s going to be completely the opposite 

Think that might just be your mate. I've been following the BBC and there's no way they are suggesting that.

I know I'm outvoted on the Beeb, I like it simple and old school. But they're not massively behind on the news or anything, they've just called states later.

On Rick Santorum, look him up on Urban dictionary...

This is a really good regular podcast by two incredibly well informed female US journalists who tear Trump a new one weekly. I’ve not listened to this ep yet but it’s bang up to date (landed today). 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/gaslit-nation-with-andrea-chalupa-and-sarah-kendzior/id1400926647?i=1000497277699

”Our long national nightmare is finally over – and a brand-new national nightmare has begun! We pick up where we left off after our Election Night Bonus Special, taped on Tuesday night when the initial results were scaring the shit out of us, and discuss the promising developments that had occurred by the time we recorded this episode Wednesday morning.”

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

On CNN who is the man who keeps poking the virtual map so informatively? I think I'm in love with him. 

I'm my defence, I am also a bit drunk, but who isn't into men who know their way around interactive  election results.

I’ve been watching CNN for, essentially, two days now and he is an absolute legend. Serious knowledge, serious stamina. And who isn’t into men who etc....

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Actually a bit relieved to know that he is a legitimate hottie (even for a 35 year old) and it's not that Covid has totally recalibrated my taste in men

Only posts on e fest would get me to change channels to see why a 59 year old psephologist (posh word for expert in political analysis of election results) is creating so much interest . He’s at his magic wall at the moment. There’s hope for us oldies yet! 

Trumps picture on his wall at the moment, as Pink Floyd sang,  another prick in the wall😉