U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

I understood the counters need a break. What I don't understand is why they don't have two teams so that one take over from the other. If they're paid (not sure if they are) it wouldn't cost any more, as you are paying for the same man hours as you would by having the same team with a one-day gap, but it would keep things moving.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

This CNN coverage is pretty good....almost wish I was an American. Actually...I was born there you know (Michigan if you're wondering)...so apparently I could become a US citizen....maybe I should...

no wonder you have the most posts in this thread ..... I declare fraud on those posts mentioning where you are from 

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Good point! Every non-Obama related election, then :)

At the time of the 2012 election I had two Americans living with me. Great times. I still remember the Romney memes.

I don't remember much about that Romney election at all. Must have stayed up for a bit. Was it a pretty done deal from early on? Romney was so shit I often forget who he was. Could say the same for Kerry too actually.

13 minutes ago, Copperface said:

“On Election Day, or Early Voting go to your Polling Place to see whether or not your Mail In Vote has been Tabulated (Counted),” Trump wrote. “If it has you will not be able to Vote & the Mail In System worked properly. If it has not been Counted, VOTE.”

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I don't remember much about that Romney election at all. Must have stayed up for a bit. Was it a pretty done deal from early on? Romney was so shit I often forget who he was. Could say the same for Kerry too actually.

Yeah, that's how I remember it going. There was still some drinking involved so the finer details elude me. Think it was all done and dusted by about 4am.

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Fuck me CNN is the best thing I've seen on TV for ages. 

Obviously I know America is full of intelligent, multicultural and empathetic people but to be reminded by watching this is very pleasant.

I'm a bit drunk. 

I love America for the same reasons I love the U.K.

Some absolute nutters in both countries, but you can’t deny that both countries have produced some of the best thinkers and most fantastic cultures.

Its just a shame that often the arseholes shout the loudest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This CNN coverage is pretty good....almost wish I was an American. Actually...I was born there you know (Michigan if you're wondering)...so apparently I could become a US citizen....maybe I should...

Healthcare and employment laws are so overrated....and of course it's a god given right to own 50 guns and carry one with you just in case....

7 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

So I have been out of the loop since early this morning due to my heart operation. Not much seems to have happened. I could really do with them ramping up the count - I can't cope with going to bed & still not knowing!

Lol at this bloke from Nevada getting arsey at the press conference! 😄

I hope it went well :)

• Upvote 1