U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Here is the thing, the Supreme Court ruled that Pa can receive ballots 3 days after the election. They’rE not going to budge on whatever bullshit the lawyers are gonna throw at em. They need to show injury and there is none at this point. Same Goes for any lawsuits that come up right now, there is nothing to stand on. You would have to feel that they will just side with the incumbent on this and throw 5 states  and their voting rules under the bus. And considering that 3 justices were involved in Florida 2000, wherein they were encouraging every ballot to be counted, how is that gonna look on them making a 180?

So out of interest...how do you see Trump playing this out then? Do you think he'll simply continue to whine and grumble but ultimately leave? Seems almost impossible to apply rational outcomes to anything Trump's involved with!

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

So out of interest...how do you see Trump playing this out then? Do you think he'll simply continue to whine and grumble but ultimately leave? Seems almost impossible to apply rational outcomes to anything Trump's involved with!

He'll throw himself down in the Oval Office like a child in a supermarket and get dragged out.

29 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The outstanding votes are mainly postal votes which are heavily favouring Biden. 

The Arizona lead has been dropping quite steadily so it may get close though. 

So I found this --> https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/04/fox-news-arizona-election-2020-433997.  Fox were confident when there was a 7% gap which has halved.  

21 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think it’s where the vote vote is outstanding though. The votes in Arizona are expected to come from a county the democrats will win. Whereas Georgia - the Republicans lead but democrats can make huge gains from Atlanta, Augusta etc.

They probably put shouldn’t have called Arizona, but it does seem Ok given where the remaining vote is coming from.

Agree Arizona makes no sense to call and I think it's given people false hope.

Also Nevada looks increasingly dodgy at 0.6%.  Know they have postal votes to come as well but am gearing myself up for another 2 hours worth of sleep

17 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Just heard a former Trump adviser saying that his current advisers pleaded with him not to make the speech this morning declaring himself the winner, but he ignored them. I can see a lot of his team just walking. 

Trump's legacy amongst reasonable Republicans will be terrible. I think most of them will distance themselves from this tantrum.

My lawyers, who are some of the smartest people in the world, have now looked at the evidence and the Poles were WRONG and I won 130% OF ALL VOTES CASSED!!! Grandpa Biden got the remaining 40%. Get back to your walking stick, looser! But the VICIOUS democrat media wont publish that! They don't understand the ordinary American like I do, as a born billionaire.

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Just heard a former Trump adviser saying that his current advisers pleaded with him not to make the speech this morning declaring himself the winner, but he ignored them. I can see a lot of his team just walking. 

Trump's legacy amongst reasonable Republicans will be terrible. I think most of them will distance themselves from this tantrum.

I saw a Republican saying basically the same thing earlier, that he didn't think that much of the party would back him in any challenge. Really hope he's right. Sure there are some that would like to move on from the whole thing.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

5 minutes ago, the_arsonist said:

Apparently Biden has won Wisconsin (sorry I don't know how to imbed a tweet...)

Chris D. Jackson(@ChrisDJackson)

BREAKING Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator says on @NBCNews: “All of the ballots have been counted.” Joe Biden has won Wisconsin by 20,697 votes.

Thanks for the info.

FYI all you do is just copy and paste the link into the text box.

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

It would have been nice if they could have distanced themselves from him 24 hours ago! Alas..

32 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

So I found this --> https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/04/fox-news-arizona-election-2020-433997.  Fox were confident when there was a 7% gap which has halved.  

Agree Arizona makes no sense to call and I think it's given people false hope.

Also Nevada looks increasingly dodgy at 0.6%.  Know they have postal votes to come as well but am gearing myself up for another 2 hours worth of sleep

Biden is around 90k ahead in Arizona with such postal votes left. He should win that

NV is a worry but if its mainly postal, he should be ok

24 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I saw a Republican saying basically the same thing earlier, that he didn't think that much of the party would back him in any challenge. Really hope he's right. Sure there are some that would like to move on from the whole thing.

Unfortunately, the loony, redneck, gun-toting, anti-mask, MAGA Trump supporters will never accept defeat & will follow their man over a cliff, so I still expect bloodshed on the streets!