U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Just now, Ozanne said:

The Guardian have had Arizona called since this morning.

And I don't know why.  The margin is getting closer and CNN have not called it.  As an example Biden is behind by 2.2% in Georgia with 8% of the vote remaining.  Trump is 3.4% behind in Arizona with 16% of the vote remaining and this has been narrowing.

I pray I'm wrong but I don't trust 2020

Just now, ShakeyCrash said:

And I don't know why.  The margin is getting closer and CNN have not called it.  As an example Biden is behind by 2.2% in Georgia with 8% of the vote remaining.  Trump is 3.4% behind in Arizona with 16% of the vote remaining and this has been narrowing.

The outstanding votes are mainly postal votes which are heavily favouring Biden. 

The Arizona lead has been dropping quite steadily so it may get close though. 

9 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I think it’s where the vote vote is outstanding though. The votes in Arizona are expected to come from a county the democrats will win. Whereas Georgia - the Republicans lead but democrats can make huge gains from Atlanta, Augusta etc.

They probably put shouldn’t have called Arizona, but it does seem Ok given where the remaining vote is coming from.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

If Trump ended up winning Arizona...what would that mean??

If that happened, Pennsylvania would become a lot more important...

I'm finding this pretty useful / interesting to work out the various possibilities and what they mean

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/oct/30/build-your-own-us-election-result-plot-a-win-for-biden-or-trump

9 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Looks like USPS did not deliver c.22,000 postal votes in Arizona.

The court order filed yesterday was saying there's about 300k worth of ballots that are missing and not delivered with many of the states they are going wouldn't accept them post election day.

34 minutes ago, jparx said:

Trump’s team have said they are confident on PA as long as only “legally cast votes” count.

So basically they know they’ve lost it and they’re preparing for the next step - some bs, face saving lawsuit. 

Here is the thing, the Supreme Court ruled that Pa can receive ballots 3 days after the election. They’rE not going to budge on whatever bullshit the lawyers are gonna throw at em. They need to show injury and there is none at this point. Same Goes for any lawsuits that come up right now, there is nothing to stand on. You would have to feel that they will just side with the incumbent on this and throw 5 states  and their voting rules under the bus. And considering that 3 justices were involved in Florida 2000, wherein they were encouraging every ballot to be counted, how is that gonna look on them making a 180?

1 minute ago, Spindles said:

John King is an absolute machine.

And he's doing a brilliant job at skewering Trump on his 'count votes here but stop counting votes there' logic. Along with hammering home how if you stop counting mail in ballots then you disenfranchise the armed services. Yeah, go King.

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Whoever wins can they please change the law so every state follows the same rules for voting. It doesn’t matter when they decide postal votes have to be in by as long as every state has the same rules to follow. 

You gotta get around the 10th amendment, good luck. The 14th is what will save the mail in ballots right now.

Edited by Suprefan