U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

Just now, Spindles said:

Ohio would be a massive steal, sadly Georgia's numbers are not looking as positive as I'd hoped right now.

For the non CNN watchers..."If Biden wins Ohio then Trump has *no* path to the White House".

And currently the stats only include 29% of the early vote so more Biden stuff to come...

A slightly stoned thought is that this is a really good day for democracy, I don't think I've ever known an election with greater engagement both amongst it's own population and also the wider world.  It speaks volumes about what a polarising force in the world Trump has been.

1 minute ago, Kurosagi said:

For the non CNN watchers..."If Biden wins Ohio then Trump has *no* path to the White House".

And currently the stats only include 29% of the early vote so more Biden stuff to come...

Also for the non CNN watchers, their presenters appear to have access to very high quality speed.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Ohio would be a massive steal, sadly Georgia's numbers are not looking as positive as I'd hoped right now.

Don't think Atlanta is reporting currently which will be very pro democrat so could see a surge for Biden there  

Guardian reporting that some are already calling Florida for Trump, although not AP yet.

So the underlying story coming into this evening was that Biden was likely to win the popular vote but that it would take a long time for the counts to finalise. Meanwhile it was suspected that Trump would look to pull some shenanigans to keep his grip on the White House, like calling the election early.

Are people picking up any reports out of the Trump camp…and if we think he might call it early when do we expect him to make an announcement?

All this CNN bingeing is great for the stats but they’re never going to have a scoop from inside the Trump inner circle.

2 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Guardian reporting that some are already calling Florida for Trump, although not AP yet.

So the underlying story coming into this evening was that Biden was likely to win the popular vote but that it would take a long time for the counts to finalise. Meanwhile it was suspected that Trump would look to pull some shenanigans to keep his grip on the White House, like calling the election early.

Are people picking up any reports out of the Trump camp…and if we think he might call it early when do we expect him to make an announcement?

All this CNN bingeing is great for the stats but they’re never going to have a scoop from inside the Trump inner circle.

I’m not sure he can call anything yet with Biden leading in places like Ohio and Texas. It’s not looking too good for him at this stage despite winning Florida.