Glasto 21 DEFFO ON says lawyer

blutarsky

30 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

1. An effective vaccine does materialise and key workers and the most vulnerable are vaccinated by early-ish 2021, resulting in deaths significantly reduced enabling life to return to some degree of normality and festivals are permitted (But this is highly unlikely to be a virus-free world, worth remembering the only totally virus-eradicating vaccine was for smallpox and that took nearly 200 years to achieve).

This is pretty much my thinking. The signs are good that a vaccination is on the way, and hopefully all that really need it will have received it before the summer. Combine that with enhanced tests, maybe mask wearing, lots of sanitising etc and I’m thinking this has maybe a better chance of happening than some on here are suggesting.

One issue though would be if indoor gigs were not yet permitted. Would Ms Ross come over if her arena tour couldn’t go ahead? Now that she’s doing some other outdoor events, maybe so. Aerosmith I’m not so sure of.

19 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Asked whether there were many people requesting a refund after this year’s event was cancelled in March, 
Challis said: “It was literally a hand-full, it was extraordinary. No one wanted a refund.”

Bugger. On the bright side it's great news for the festival...

17 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It won't be on like normal, they'll have to do 3 one day events in the pyramid field only with those platforms for 6 people groups like were seen in Newcastle and elsewhere at the back end of summer.

It would just be cancelled. That isn’t a feasible solution, even separating the already sold tickets over three days.

28160072-48EC-467D-97FD-4FF730B2039E.jpeg

On 10/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

“The plan would be to rebook the 2020 bill, it will move everything, including our 50th-anniversary celebration to 2021”. is nice to see

Can they not move my lack of ticket from 2020 to 2021?

4 hours ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

It would just be cancelled. That isn’t a feasible solution, even separating the already sold tickets over three days.

28160072-48EC-467D-97FD-4FF730B2039E.jpeg

They've already said they're gonna have to do something, they can't have another year off. They won't be allowed to do it like normal, this is the only way I can see it happening. Tickets will have to be refunded and you go for the new set up.

7 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

They've already said they're gonna have to do something, they can't have another year off. They won't be allowed to do it like normal, this is the only way I can see it happening. Tickets will have to be refunded and you go for the new set up.

Are you suggesting there will be no camping? Would mainly just be locals then I guess? I suppose some could stay in B&Bs etc but for me it's a long way to go for a gig in a field.

I personally think it will either go ahead as normal or not at all.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Are you suggesting there will be no camping? Would mainly just be locals then I guess? I suppose some could stay in B&Bs etc but for me it's a long way to go for a gig in a field.

If it can't go ahead as usual then it's not Glastonbury 

10 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, it'll be a "gig" in the normal sense other than you'll be in those platform things, might start early afternoon and end 11pm. It obviously isn't going to be anywhere near the 100k that can fit in that field as normal.

They've already stated that it has to go ahead in some form or they're knackered. It won't be allowed to go on like normal unless we seen a vaccine or significant drop in this virus, do you think that is going to happen? I hope it does but they have to start planning things way before summer, they'll have lots of stuff to decide soon.

53 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

They've already stated that it has to go ahead in some form or they're knackered.

Not seen that. Where have you got that from?

Even ME was saying 2022 is more likely....Never mentioned going under even with a 2022 date.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/30/glastonbury-festival-aiming-to-return-in-june-says-emily-eavis-covid

Edited by Copperface

10 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Not seen that. Where have you got that from?

Even ME was saying 2022 is more likely....Never mentioned going under even with a 2022 date.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/30/glastonbury-festival-aiming-to-return-in-june-says-emily-eavis-covid

Maybe i'm having Mandela effect but i'm sure that's what was said back just after they cancelled this year's

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying, it'll be a "gig" in the normal sense other than you'll be in those platform things, might start early afternoon and end 11pm. It obviously isn't going to be anywhere near the 100k that can fit in that field as normal.

They've already stated that it has to go ahead in some form or they're knackered. It won't be allowed to go on like normal unless we seen a vaccine or significant drop in this virus, do you think that is going to happen? I hope it does but they have to start planning things way before summer, they'll have lots of stuff to decide soon.

I am actually in the camp of thinking it will go ahead pretty much as normal. I know things are bleak now but I think once the vulnerable are vaccinated more things will be able to happen normally next summer. It will be tight timing wise and I can still it being cancelled, but if you asked me to come down on one side or the other I would say it's going ahead. More hand sanitiser, maybe wearing masks in indoor venues or less indoor venues in general. But otherwise yeah I think it will happen. And I don't have a ticket so am not deluding myself! I very likely won't be there.

I think Eavis said they'd go bankrupt if they had to cancel two years in a row, but I think it was on the hyperbolic side? Not sure.

I doubt they'd go bankrupt, although obviously that's a completely ignorant take. I've no idea of their financial position, but I'd imagine having a successful business on the land for the 9 months it isn't disrupted by the festival helps enormously. I think that's just ME being ME.

I think there's a small chance Glasto 2021 could happen, but it would involve some kind of testing infrastructure. People would have to test negative to be allowed in. How the logistics of that would work in a safe, efficient way is what they must be working through right now. Even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

My nightmare scenario is that it goes ahead, but I'm not able to attend because Australia wouldn't let me back in when I try to fly home. I can see that happening, and it would be tortuous. I can just about handle no Glasto when there isn't one, but to miss out when there is? Well, that's nightmare territory. I'll do what I can to be there.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

If it's Michael/Emily Eavis and yer granny on bongos, it's Glastonbury.

I have no idea where it was on site, but last year I ended up in a tent where ME was doing ballroom dancing with some South American tango type band and dancers. At least that is what I remember.

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the state I have to be in so that Mrs c can drag me in there . I remember in 2016 landing on my arse attempting to rumba on a wet muddy floor wearing wellies with a rucksack on my back. 

Yup. No idea how or why, but I ended up in there.