Glasto 21 DEFFO ON says lawyer

blutarsky

Apologies if this has already surfaced and I’ve missed it: 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-lawyer-says-2021-festival-is-going-ahead-as-planned-2799543?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Original source here: 

Not listened yet so apologies if the NME article misrepresents the content. 

It has been mentioned elsewhere but I don't think that anyone would mind the subject having it's own thread.

The idea of being back amongst people next summer is something worth holding on to.  Imagine it's about 5pm and the sky is reddening, golden trimmed clouds and your surrounded by smiling, laughing and chatting people and the dull thump of music coming from every direction, a cold drink in your hand and sharing the substance of your choice with friends.  That's something worth looking forward to.

Just going to point out that I turn 50 next year, old fart that I am, and it's a nice thought that circumstances might mean that I get to share an anniversary (albeit artificially delayed) with the festival.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that lawyer has picked up some positive vibes from the when will this shit end thread from yesterday .... :) 

I'm not going to lie, the world around us is pretty grim right now.  But I'm taking the time to be thankful for what I've got, glad for what I don't have to endure and hopeful for what I will get to enjoy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spindles said:

It has been mentioned elsewhere but I don't think that anyone would mind the subject having it's own thread.

The idea of being back amongst people next summer is something worth holding on to.  Imagine it's about 5pm and the sky is reddening, golden trimmed clouds and your surrounded by smiling, laughing and chatting people and the dull thump of music coming from every direction, a cold drink in your hand and sharing the substance of your choice with friends.  That's something worth looking forward to.

Just going to point out that I turn 50 next year, old fart that I am, and it's a nice thought that circumstances might mean that I get to share an anniversary (albeit artificially delayed) with the festival.

Out of upvotes but I love this.

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s not really *definitely* on.

For now it’s happening and everything is business as usual, but plenty can happen between now and early next year when they’ll have to make the actual call.

If ever there was putting a spin on it, this is it! All what was said were plans are going ahead for a festival next year. That's all anyone can do right now.

We all know if restrictions are still in force come June then there's no GF2020. And with references to build begining March then there may have to be a very big call around or before then if, as forecast, social distancing still prevails and covid infection rates remain high.

Edited by Lycra

34 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Stop it.  You've just made me all gooey.

Genuinely though, every time I hear I Am The Resurrection I'm straight into the crowd outside Stonebridge on Thursday afternoon with cider in hand and mates around me. 

24 minutes ago, Lycra said:

If ever there was putting a spin on it, this is it! All what was said were plans are going ahead for a festival next year. That's all anyone can do right now.

We all know if restrictions are still in force come June then there's no GF2020. And with references to build begining March then there may have to be a very big call around or before then if, as forecast, social distancing still prevails and covid infection rates remain high.

Honestly mate, take a day off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Love the sentiment of the rest of the comment but I have to pick up on this, do we really?

Sorry to be negative but we currently have;

• Glasto 21 DEFFO ON says lawyer
  • possibly happening in September...?
  • 2021 chances 
  • Future of festivals... 
  • Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0

Just on the first two pages. While some of these were started on a variation of a theme the conversations are now much of a muchness in each. 

There's really only two outcomes aren't there, and I'll put a positive spin on both:

1. An effective vaccine does materialise and key workers and the most vulnerable are vaccinated by early-ish 2021, resulting in deaths significantly reduced enabling life to return to some degree of normality and festivals are permitted (But this is highly unlikely to be a virus-free world, worth remembering the only totally virus-eradicating vaccine was for smallpox and that took nearly 200 years to achieve).

2. there is no effective vaccine on the horizon and we have to learn to live with it for several/many years, just like we do for flu which has killed 100,000's in the UK over the years. Life and livelihoods can't be put on hold forever. Festivals go ahead.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Love the sentiment of the rest of the comment but I have to pick up on this, do we really?

• 2021 chances 
  • Future of festivals... 

Just on the first two pages. While some of these were started on a variation of a theme the conversations are now much of a muchness in each. 

Yeah, we only really need one – could a mod merge them? There's similar chat in all of them.

21 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

• 2021 chances 
  • Future of festivals... 

Yep, variations on a theme. We're all so desperate to get back to some sort of normality: hopefully back to what we had. It will happen, maybe not at the rate we want.

1 minute ago, Lycra said:

Yep, variations on a theme. We're all so desperate to get back to some sort of normality: hopefully back to what we had. It will happen, maybe not at the rate we want.

The irony being that arguing about the same thing across multiple threads is pretty much the definition of normality for eFests

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

The irony being that arguing about the same thing across multiple threads is pretty much the definition of normality for eFests

I prefer to call it discussion about how we get to the  end point we all want with occasional passion shown for the covid threads anyway