New Wolverhampton festival, Creation day festival

thetime

Midlands festivals have struggled in the last few years, this type of festival anyway. The one in Birmingham couple of years ago with Editors headlining bombed, so will be interesting how it goes with tickets sales in the current climate.

Will certainly look at the Sunday, if I'm not at the neighbourhood weekender next year.

https://creationdayfestival.com/

FINAL ANNOUNCEMENT POSTER.jpg

Edited by thetime

37 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

Looks like there's only going to be one stage; hopefully that keeps the costs down

EDIT: Just seen on the official website that it's £55 per day. A non-starter really.

FB_IMG_1602879735226.jpg

Jesus?! £55. The headlining band Saturday were opening Glastonbury this year by the looks of it. You look at the cost of a Victorious day for eg and compare.

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Might have considered this but at Bearded Theory that weekend...and £110 + bf seems very steep for that line up...not much less than I paid for Bearded and thats for 4 days and a much bigger bill and includes camping. 

Sadly, think it might struggle. 

Yes there will be a few festivals that same weekend. With the creation, neighbourhood weekender and Bearded. 

I like the lineup but it’s a long drive from London and with tixs, petrol costs and hotel it’s an expensive weekend. I have not 100% ruled it out as the lineup is very appealing to me. Hopefully a similar lineup will happen closer to home. If it was 3 days with more similar acts then I could justify the time and cost.

It would also have been nice to have a few old Creation acts on the bill. I remember going to one of their days at the Town & Country Club (O2 Forum) For around £4.50. I think it was billed as doing it for the kids or something similar. It had around 10 acts over the day including Felt, House of Love, My Bloody Valentine etc. I was a big fan of Creation acts back in the day.

How prices of gigs have gone up. An actual creation act day on this would have been nice. Although, I doubt many are still active.

All in For the cost of the weekend, I could probably see most of the acts doing sets in London. Although if they allowed camping chairs, I would have already bought my tickets and booked a hotel. 

On 9/10/2021 at 10:15 PM, Dales said:

I like the lineup but it’s a long drive from London and with tixs, petrol costs and hotel it’s an expensive weekend. I have not 100% ruled it out as the lineup is very appealing to me. Hopefully a similar lineup will happen closer to home. If it was 3 days with more similar acts then I could justify the time and cost.

It would also have been nice to have a few old Creation acts on the bill. I remember going to one of their days at the Town & Country Club (O2 Forum) For around £4.50. I think it was billed as doing it for the kids or something similar. It had around 10 acts over the day including Felt, House of Love, My Bloody Valentine etc. I was a big fan of Creation acts back in the day.

How prices of gigs have gone up. An actual creation act day on this would have been nice. Although, I doubt many are still active.

All in For the cost of the weekend, I could probably see most of the acts doing sets in London. Although if they allowed camping chairs, I would have already bought my tickets and booked a hotel. 

Creation had an absolutely insane roster of bands...Super Furrys, Sugar, House of Love, J&MC, Teenage Fanclub, Primals, Arnold etc etc etc. 

Odd that none of them are on at the festival

I thought given the ticket price it would be relatively small but it looks like its 8k capacity. 

7 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Creation had an absolutely insane roster of bands...Super Furrys, Sugar, House of Love, J&MC, Teenage Fanclub, Primals, Arnold etc etc etc. 

Odd that none of them are on at the festival

Yeah, it’s very odd and very obvious for those who know the history of the label. Maybe he was a mean label boss 🙂

• 7 months later...
44 minutes ago, thetime said:

Changed dates again, now start of September.

In fact September 2023. 🤨

Due to "Covid's ongoing impact on customer confidence & ticket sales", which were of course of no concern whatsoever when they revealed the day splits exactly one month earlier, or indeed to a lot of other festivals in May. The response to the tweet has been one like and four refund demands.

On 9/10/2021 at 2:40 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Might have considered this but at Bearded Theory that weekend...and £110 + bf seems very steep for that line up...not much less than I paid for Bearded and thats for 4 days and a much bigger bill and includes camping. 

Sadly, think it might struggle. 

Hate to say it but think this was on the cards...I actually liked the line up but seemed very expensive, especially as no camping. Shame. 

• 10 months later...

Has anyone heard anything about this? 
Mira been postponed a number of times, with initial reasons understandable. But I found last year a bit flimsy. 
It’s now pencilled in for September 2023, but it’s very quiet and the once active Instagram account has gone a bit quiet. 
Being a local, I really want this event to happen, but I’m unable to find anything. 

Thanks in advance 

9 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Has anyone heard anything about this? 
Mira been postponed a number of times, with initial reasons understandable. But I found last year a bit flimsy. 
It’s now pencilled in for September 2023, but it’s very quiet and the once active Instagram account has gone a bit quiet. 
Being a local, I really want this event to happen, but I’m unable to find anything. 

Thanks in advance 

The local venues in wolves open back up in June this year, so this festival will face even more competition. September will also be a bad time for this. 

The whole thing just seems poorly planned from the start

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

The local venues in wolves open back up in June this year, so this festival will face even more competition. September will also be a bad time for this. 

The whole thing just seems poorly planned from the start

Yes, Moseley Folk Festival is the same weekend. 
The Civic has been nothing but a farce, 8 years closure, £40 odd million over budget with a lacklustre opening line up. 

The promotion company was so active before, answering questions about it. Now, they don’t even acknowledge the post. Gut feeling says it’s doomed. Hope I’m wrong.