Camper Van Rules

Starscreenbass

I have recently purchased a new van. It has a rock n roll bed in and not much room for anything else. It does have two windows in the back though.

My question is how strict are they on campers being fully classified as a camper as By DVLA standards it isn’t a camper. However I would like the option of maybe taking it one year.

What counts as ‘suitable fitted facilities’ in a camper/caravan?
Your
campervan/caravan MUST have purpose-built fitted sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing facilities. Any converted vehicles must clearly be live-in vehicles. This does not mean simply a van with a piece of foam cut to size for a bed, and a bucket for washing!

A team of campsite staff and security staff will check that campervans and caravans coming into these fields have bona fide living accommodation. No other vehicles will be let onto these fields under any circumstances – not even late replacement vehicles in the case of a breakdown – sorry.

• Like 1

Thanks for this, I’ve already seen this on the official website but was just wondering peoples experiences with the strictness of these rules. As I say it has a bed and is definitely lived in but it doesn’t have a fixed cooker or wash facilities. I’m assuming that means it’s a no officially x 

I know from experience they do check anything that doesn't look like a bona fide campervan as I witnessed the driver/occupants of a tranny van being given the third degree. Personally I'd err on the side of caution rather than risk spoiling my entire festival on day 1.

• 2 months later...

I have a camper and i am on quite a few forums.

One of the DVLA stipulations is decals .

Tradesmans vans are either plain or sign written so the DVLA ask for appropriate decals that all campers seem to have.  So if you can get it stickered up and to look professional you are on your way with getting it through.