Jump to content

Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0


Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0  

351 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0

    • Yes, and it will be business as usual.
      5
    • Yes, with some minor requirements (hygiene warnings, extra hand gel).
      51
    • Yes, with some moderate/major requirements (face masks, distancing, temperature checks, testing).
      47
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too prevalent and mass gatherings will still be banned.
      121
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too much of a risk and the organisers will choose not to go ahead.
      81
    • No, for another reason.
      7
    • I can't even guess.
      39


Recommended Posts

Speaking of vaccinations (and sorry if this is the wrong place to have this discussion) - a friend of mine lives in Abu Dhabi and has been offered a vaccine. It all sounds pretty dodgy and rushed. I've advised her against it (it isn't mandatory).

"Teachers and staff have been identified as frontline workers and given priority for the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (vero cell) that is being rolled out by the UAE Govt. This vaccine is currently in the third phase of clinical trials, however this rollout is no longer part of the trials, the actual vaccine will be administered".

It follows with, Free of Charge, Optional, Made up of two doses administered over the course of the full 35-day vaccination journey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michael's always optimistic, I'm half surprised he didn't say G2020 was the best one yet...

Well said. Totally agree, if we don’t have hope and optimism then we have nothing. At the moment I’m in a hotel room looking out the window, it’s very misty so the Tor is obscured, but I know it’s the

Glastonbury will be going ahead as normal. It won’t work if there’s any restrictions.    What may happen is that they treat the festival as a holiday destination and you’ll be advised to isolat

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Speaking of vaccinations (and sorry if this is the wrong place to have this discussion) - a friend of mine lives in Abu Dhabi and has been offered a vaccine. It all sounds pretty dodgy and rushed. I've advised her against it (it isn't mandatory).

"Teachers and staff have been identified as frontline workers and given priority for the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (vero cell) that is being rolled out by the UAE Govt. This vaccine is currently in the third phase of clinical trials, however this rollout is no longer part of the trials, the actual vaccine will be administered".

It follows with, Free of Charge, Optional, Made up of two doses administered over the course of the full 35-day vaccination journey.

If it's not completed phase III, been peer reviewed and approval by a globally recognised authority then it's rolling the dice with your health. I wouldn't touch it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

If it's not completed phase III, been peer reviewed and approval by a globally recognised authority then it's rolling the dice with your health. I wouldn't touch it.

I know, ridiculous isn't it. She's very naïve so I've had to explain to her it's not worth the risk whatsoever. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Well said. Totally agree, if we don’t have hope and optimism then we have nothing. At the moment I’m in a hotel room looking out the window, it’s very misty so the Tor is obscured, but I know it’s there and I will be down here again next June for the festival. Hope shines brightest in the darkness ! 

I think there’s a very good chance it goes ahead. In the 6 months alone testing has been vastly improved and we have 2 treatments. Give it another 6 months we'll have gone through the Winter, will have even more testing capacity and likely quick testing results too. A vaccine or more treatments even that can be given to higher risk people. Plus will there be an appetite in Government and the country for restrictions on events next summer, I'm not so sure there would be.

Therefore I would there's a good chance the festival goes ahead if you can prove before you are COVID free, log it via the NHS app and your registration. It's not 100% full proof but nothing is. I’m still hopeful!

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think there’s a very good chance it goes ahead. In the 6 months alone testing has been vastly improved and we have 2 treatments. Give it another 6 months we'll have gone through the Winter, will have even more testing capacity and likely quick testing results too. A vaccine or more treatments even that can be given to higher risk people. Plus will there be an appetite in Government and the country for restrictions on events next summer, I'm not so sure there would be.

Therefore I would there's a good chance the festival goes ahead if you can prove before you are COVID free, log it via the NHS app and your registration. It's not 100% full proof but nothing is. I’m still hopeful!

I'm hopeful but I do worry that by the time they have to make the decision so as not to be incurring costs etc that we might not be in a good enough place for them to be able to risk it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the logistics behind it and the fact they start on site in April (which is only 170 days away) theres, well, theres no chance.

Things need to be in place now. People need to be paid, money going out. They're probably already behind in that regard if it were to go ahead.

Not happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Nal said:

Considering the logistics behind it and the fact they start on site in April (which is only 170 days away) theres, well, theres no chance.

Things need to be in place now. People need to be paid, money going out. They're probably already behind in that regard if it were to go ahead.

Not happening. 

I think id collapse in shock if you said it was :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Last year they made the go/no go call at the end of March, just before balances were due and the build started. I’d expect the same next year.

Agreed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

I want a post from the 4 people who voted the top option, please... Share your optimism :D 

Have you not come across the 100% crew before? The festival will be happening next year. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I want a post from the 4 people who voted the top option, please... Share your optimism :D 

Reverse Trolling :) Nice Avatar but very confusing with @Matt42 having similar 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DareToDibble said:

Ha, I knew the minute I changed it that I would cause that issue. I'll go on the hunt for another one.

Don’t worry we had quite a few nose pickers for quite a while .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t worry we had quite a few nose pickers for quite a while .... 

Yeah it's not a great help that @squirrelarmy and @Wellyboot have the same thing written under their Usernames either :D 

Quick glance at the heading and profile picture and Squirrel has gotten away with a couple of posts I assumer were Welly. Genius.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah it's not a great help that @squirrelarmy and @Wellyboot have the same thing written under their Usernames either :D 

Quick glance at the heading and profile picture and Squirrel has gotten away with a couple of posts I assumer were Welly. Genius.

She’s always copying me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

one of the Oxford vaccine bods reckons normality by July at earliest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8836891/Vaccine-expert-warns-facemasks-social-distancing-needed-summer.html

Tho Glastonbury doesn't need normality, it's an outdoor event and therefore intrinsically safer.

Ultimately, it's about what measures the govt is able &/or wants to have in place, and those are going to change when the current law expires at the end of March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

one of the Oxford vaccine bods reckons normality by July at earliest.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8836891/Vaccine-expert-warns-facemasks-social-distancing-needed-summer.html

Tho Glastonbury doesn't need normality, it's an outdoor event and therefore intrinsically safer.

Ultimately, it's about what measures the govt is able &/or wants to have in place, and those are going to change when the current law expires at the end of March.

It's all still guesswork as any decisions will be based on the hard data coming out next year. It's concerning though we didn't get back to anything like normal this summer despite the infection rate/deaths being comparatively low. Hope it's not a harbinger for next summer!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lycra said:

It's all still guesswork as any decisions will be based on the hard data coming out next year. It's concerning though we didn't get back to anything like normal this summer despite the infection rate/deaths being comparatively low. Hope it's not a harbinger for next summer!

the govt (Hancock) made clear yesterday or the day before that the govts strategy (yeah, they say they've got a strategy) is to restrict things until there's a vaccine.

That can be read in all sorts of ways, but there's still the line in the sand of the expiry of the current covid law at the end of March. While it might get renewed in some ways I also think it's very very likely to get watered down in some manner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah it's not a great help that @squirrelarmy and @Wellyboot have the same thing written under their Usernames either :D 

Quick glance at the heading and profile picture and Squirrel has gotten away with a couple of posts I assumer were Welly. Genius.

I knew people would think its me!! He wont change it!!!!

14 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

She’s always copying me. 

I mean, you stole my face..... so who's copying who??

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the govt (Hancock) made clear yesterday or the day before that the govts strategy (yeah, they say they've got a strategy) is to restrict things until there's a vaccine.

That can be read in all sorts of ways, but there's still the line in the sand of the expiry of the current covid law at the end of March. While it might get renewed in some ways I also think it's very very likely to get watered down in some manner.

Agreed. The prevailing political climate will shape events next year. Right now Bojo and the orange guy are finding out reality always prevails over optism

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...