Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0

Welliwonder

Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0  

352 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Glastonbury 2021 will go ahead? 2.0

• Yes, and it will be business as usual.
    • Yes, with some minor requirements (hygiene warnings, extra hand gel).
    • Yes, with some moderate/major requirements (face masks, distancing, temperature checks, testing).
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too prevalent and mass gatherings will still be banned.
    • No, Coronavirus will still be too much of a risk and the organisers will choose not to go ahead.
    • No, for another reason.
    • I can't even guess.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Christ we are on the up aren’t we?

and why not? :) 

Vaccines are the game-changers we need if things are ever going to get back to normal. As long as the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines get swift approval we're on the home straight.

Remember, those raving right tory MPs are not going to tolerate restrictions dragging on - and that pretty much applies even with no vaccine.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Vaccines are the game-changers we need if things are ever going to get back to normal. As long as the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines get swift approval we're on the home straight.

Remember, those raving right tory MPs are not going to tolerate restrictions dragging on - and that pretty much applies even with no vaccine.

Yeah, once the NHS staff and over 70's get the vaccine, theyll be a real push to reopen stuff properly. 

Are people who were a bit more negative on it feeling more positive now? Or does this make no difference and it’s still about timeframes?

With the caveat that anything can happen, I feel just about as confident as possible now that we’ll be on the farm next year.

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

Are people who were a bit more negative on it feeling more positive now? Or does this make no difference and it’s still about timeframes?

With the caveat that anything can happen, I feel just about as confident as possible now that we’ll be on the farm next year.

It's definitely the most confident I've felt. It makes me feel quite emotional when thinking about it.

If anything the past year has made me realise to not take the festival for granted and to appreciate it even more (if possible!)

One thing is for certain providing it does get the go ahead there will be plenty of tears shed at the farm in 2021.

We might as well all pack our wellies & canoes with the volume of tears there will be on site!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

That NHS journal article about time frames seems a lot more likely now

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

More confident.  For last year's festival I was heavily optimistic and this got chipped away as time went on.  For next year's festival I was heavily pessimistic and this has been chipped away (albeit it quicker than my optimism).  

At the moment there are a few things that we need to see play out before the "it's happening" claxon rings, namely the Vaccine being approved and being shown to work in real life (e.g. numbers of deaths start falling in Winter without a full blown lockdown being required).

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah the reason I’m feeling more positive is the timing of this happening. A vaccine rolling out a few months before the infrastructure needs to go up is a really good result. If this was happening in feb/March I’d be a bit more nervous.

Echoing all of the above, I think soon there will be too much pressure and missed commercial opportunity to keep things closed. Just wait until vaccines start going into candidates. Social distancing will melt away.

59 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah, once the NHS staff and over 70's get the vaccine, theyll be a real push to reopen stuff properly. 

Yep, its my opinion that they should push to "reopen" get things going (once front line and over 65's have been mostly vaccinated). Considering the relatively very small amount of deaths of under 65's, the damage of restrictions definitely outweigh any benefits.