2021 chances

Edibles

On 10/12/2020 at 8:13 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

I've a close relation who is a VP at a big pharma in the US. They have a weekly briefing by the scientists and they are talking "2nd quarter of next year" before any vaccine becomes available (not theirs, but any of them). They're making big decisions based on that timescale, so I'm inclined to go with that. In US speak, 2nd quarter is always the end of that qtr - so we're talking June.

Available doesn’t necessarily mean that people will be getting it by then

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Available doesn’t necessarily mean that people will be getting it by then

There will be enough vaccine already produced by the end of the year of each of the five leading candidates to vaccinate 3% of the world population.

And once one or more is approved production can be stepped up.

The UK only plans to vaccinate the vulnerable and heath workers, same as we do for flu.

Providing at least one candidate is signed off by early January it's doable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, Wooderson said:

Fair point. Very naive of me to comment responsibly when it comes to Perfidious Albion.

Had to come back to this Wooderson, listening to a podcast the other day where we're now referred to as Covidious Albion. Just made me chuckle :D

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2020 at 1:55 PM, Quark said:

Had to come back to this Wooderson, listening to a podcast the other day where we're now referred to as Covidious Albion. Just made me chuckle :D

As a near neighbour im amazed and sickened on near daily basis mate 

39 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

Surely Hancock saying this morning that he expects "the bulk of vaccine rollout to be completed within the first half of next year" has to be good news for the festival's chances of going ahead, given it happens right at the end of the first half of the year?

I think that could make it touch and go, given that the festival will need to decide a while before then if they can run the event. So the vaccines would need to be either ahead of schedule or bang-on for them to make an informed decision in February/March. Just my view.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-vaccine-deliveries-set-begin-22905212

Haven’t been on here in a while, mainly because I haven’t been thinking the festival would go ahead, but for the first time in a long time I’m feeling slightly hopeful - mainly because there’s a lot more talk of a vaccine.

The hope I’m feeling may very well mislead, but after what feels like weeks and months of bad COVID-related news (I live in Nottingham where we’ve just this evening been placed into Tier 3!) it’s a welcome feeling.

5 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-vaccine-deliveries-set-begin-22905212

Haven’t been on here in a while, mainly because I haven’t been thinking the festival would go ahead, but for the first time in a long time I’m feeling slightly hopeful - mainly because there’s a lot more talk of a vaccine.

The hope I’m feeling may very well mislead, but after what feels like weeks and months of bad COVID-related news (I live in Nottingham where we’ve just this evening been placed into Tier 3!) it’s a welcome feeling.

its a day of confidence,  welcome aboard ... several people with raised optimism in the when will this shit end thread ... lets hope the Tier 3s can drive the numbers down .... good luck 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

@crazyfool1I don’t have a ticket either but have been working past couple of years so fingers crossed tht will be the same next year!! 

Consider volunteering it’s amazing so many perks to it!!! 

Ive looked into it ... and oxfam seems reasonable ..... lets see what happens nothings ruled out currently 

• 2 months later...