2021 chances

Edibles

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Where did you find this out 

I was staying on steanbow Farm this week and was allowed to walk on the farm land so walked past it most days. 

there is a ramp from the old railway line, just where the cross roads is for the glade. I’m not sure on if the ramp is too steep or not, so can’t say for definitely. 

15 hours ago, Edibles said:

If they said reduced capacity, ballot for everyone who has tickets, whoever is unsuccessful automatically gets a ticket for 2022? Would you?  

As someone without a ticket I hate this idea! What do us ticketless wonders do? Cross fingers for 2023? Or would the thinking be that 2022 is normal capacity and we can try for a ticket alongside those from the ballot?

13 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Good points about the additional hygiene, especially with more hand sanitiser stations around, although I'm not quite sure about face coverings only because people will need to take them on and off to drink etc.

Some inventor type needs to get on the case with making a mask 😷 you can drink with. Surely you could attach a device similar to the one way valve you get on inflatables your the front of a mask, giving the opportunity to put a straw through. This would then self seal when straw was withdrawn, meaning no egress of potentially contagious droplets? 

Feasible? If so, consider it patented by me. 

16 hours ago, Edibles said:

If they said reduced capacity, ballot for everyone who has tickets, whoever is unsuccessful automatically gets a ticket for 2022? Would you?  

52 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As someone without a ticket I hate this idea! What do us ticketless wonders do? Cross fingers for 2023? Or would the thinking be that 2022 is normal capacity and we can try for a ticket alongside those from the ballot?

Glastonbury don't do ballots and I'd bet my granny's teeth they won't go down that route. I reckon it'll be all in, or not at all, with the decision made by March (same as this year), so going to be dependent on a vaccine and enough people getting it. 

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Pretty decent, I reckon.

There should be a vaccine from around the end of the year, and my guess is that things will return to normal-ish from around spring.

You wanna have a go at convincing the "healing fields" lot to take it?

There aren't enough gong baths or reflexologists to cure the lurgy that's going around at the moment...

I think the festival needs a longer run up / more stability and predictability to run next June. Soz.

If the silver bullet vaccine emerges in 6-8 weeks time, 2021 will be a huge global task of admin to get that to the at risk and the frontline to begin. We will start to see efficacy and then a "return" can proceed in earnest. Too risky and too little time otherwise.

Until this point any large green-field event like Glasters would be mad to start spending money with booking and programming/commercial agreements/staffing/insurance/site building/subsequent year prep etc..

2022 far more viable with a vaccine this autumn.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wooderson said:

I think the festival needs a longer run up / more stability and predictability to run next June. Soz.

If the silver bullet vaccine emerges in 6-8 weeks time, 2021 will be a huge global task of admin to get that to the at risk and the frontline to begin. We will start to see efficacy and then a "return" can proceed in earnest. Too risky and too little time otherwise.

Until this point any large green-field event like Glasters would be mad to start spending money with booking and programming/commercial agreements/staffing/insurance/site building/subsequent year prep etc..

2022 far more viable with a vaccine this autumn.

This is a positive thread.  Away with you! :D

I'm still on board the 2021 train. Maybe blind optimism, but fuck it I could do with some of that at the moment!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I'd be surprised if any festival is actually shelling out money at the mo for a festival next year (aside from any wages).

35 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

there's enough vaccine (of any of the prime candidates) for the UN to roll-out enough for 3% of each country's population, if it's go with a vaccine by the end of the year.

There'll be more that comes in the following months, and of course production will be stepped up once they're certain they're not wasting their time with production of any particular vaccine.

I remain very hopeful, at least until the end of the year. When there's a vaccine the govt will be in a position to say what will be permitted several months down the line and I can't see why that couldn't include outdoor events.

Edited by eFestivals

Irrespective of the timings - shortest time we've ever succesfully vaccinated a disease in the past is 4 years. These type of virus do not tend to trigger long lasting immunity.

I've had covid19 and havent changed my behaviour one bit. There is a need to be cautious here.

I wanna be positive but not kid myself, it’s a massive ask to put it on, I think we might hear something in then next month or 2. I’m gonna say it goes ahead. Positivity is what we need  

Next month or 2 about the festival or the vaccine? I can't see the festival announcing anything until at least the start of next year.

That's based on absolutely nothing mind you :D 

14 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Irrespective of the timings - shortest time we've ever succesfully vaccinated a disease in the past is 4 years. These type of virus do not tend to trigger long lasting immunity.

particularly while we're unsure how long immunity might last, there's no need to vaccinate everyone.

For the UK (unsure about Ireland) it'll be pretty much the same list as gets vaccinated every year for the flu virus - so easily doable within a few months (enough vaccine permitting, of course).

Edited by eFestivals

We know they will be looking at every possible solution to ensure the festival takes place.

I don't believe they would go down a ballot route. 

It's all in or nothing.

I can see them asking for health declarations (symptom free 7 days before) or don't attend.

Maybe even discouraging the more vulnerable groups to give it a miss next year.

I can also see them temp checking on entry (even randomly) 

More sanitiser stations and lots of covid information everywhere encouraging hand hygiene and safe distancing (or use a mask) when in a crowd.

I'm optimistic for next year but in truth thats as much driven by desperation as anything else.

Getting through the winter, a decent level of vaccine and we will see.

Then hope the government is supportive!

"Voluntary declarations" are just not credible for this event. Similarly I can't see them testing temps 24/7 for a week with people clad head to toe in gear etc. Even an upordown covid-test at the gate isnt a runner.

I'm not trying to frustrate or annoy anyone here - promise you im not trolling.