The Festival (film)

blutarsky

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Watched last night. Awful. I find it baffling how Joe Thomas gets away with being such a terrible actor. Playing the same character and the same plot that he always plays (chasing a girl who doesn't like him, other mate get annoyed) was beyond tedious. 

A massive missed opportunity. 

A millennial version of Hugh Grant. 

On 10/3/2020 at 3:12 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

When you walked into the pit ahead of Kris Kristofferson there were A4 posters up notifying you that you consented to being filmed.

If they were being alert, Hollywood celeb spotters basically could have seen Bradley Cooper, Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt on the big pointy bastard within about 5 minutes of one another.

Ah, we rarely go into the pit so we were about halfway back on the Pyramid, so not sure we saw the signs. I wonder if Lady Gaga made an appearance also if she was filming? I haven’t seen the movie yet so could be completely wrong. 

On 10/4/2020 at 6:18 PM, blutarsky said:

He has been pigeonholed, or is it the only character he can play? 
He does seem a genuinely funny guy though - his episode of Off Menu was hilarious. 

Doubt we'll ever find out, but it's a fairly relatable character that he does well. The movie was marketed as Simon from Inbetweeners at a festival, and that's what you got. Not sure why people were expecting Julien Temple's Glastonbury here. :lol: