Dimensions 2021

Wayside

Hello!  New to the forum and really surprised I could not find a Dimensions topic.

I had a question so figured I'd start one?  let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

My girlfriend and I are new to festivals.  I've only been to one and she has been to none.  Very excited to have out tickets early for Dimensions 2021.  Fingers crossed the world is in a good place for it to still happen.

I was wondering -  the festivals says that if we stay on site they require to take the passport of one guest and hold onto it for the duration of our stay.  This make my GF and I very uneasy.  Traveling Internationally 101: Always be in possession of your passport!  

I am wondering if some of you more seasoned festival pros can tell me if this is normal?  We'd love to stay on site and get the full experience but I'll have anxiety the whole time worrying about my passport. 

12 hours ago, Wayside said:

Hello!  New to the forum and really surprised I could not find a Dimensions topic.

Hello and welcome! There aren't many topics about electronic music festivals here, maybe you can start the trend :)

12 hours ago, Wayside said:

I was wondering -  the festivals says that if we stay on site they require to take the passport of one guest and hold onto it for the duration of our stay.

I honestly never heard about that. Usually festivals just check your id and ticket at the entrance and give you a wristband to move freely inside the festival area.
Maybe you can ask them if they need to hold your passport for your whole stay and why... And also if you could keep it back anytime you need to go outside the festival area.

Edited by gigi21

I’ve been to outlook festival before and vaguely remember finding some useful information off that thread from a user - maybe drop a comment and I’m sure someone will help if they can.

As for keeping your passports, no, that’s not the norm at all. I’ve been doing overseas festivals (European) for many years now and I’ve never experience that before. I think the closest I’ve seen to that is Benicassim asking for your passport number on your contact form for when you rent a glamping tent. 

14 hours ago, Wayside said:

I was wondering -  the festivals says that if we stay on site they require to take the passport of one guest and hold onto it for the duration of our stay.  This make my GF and I very uneasy.  Traveling Internationally 101: Always be in possession of your passport!  

I am wondering if some of you more seasoned festival pros can tell me if this is normal?  We'd love to stay on site and get the full experience but I'll have anxiety the whole time worrying about my passport. 

11 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

As for keeping your passports, no, that’s not the norm at all. I’ve been doing overseas festivals (European) for many years now and I’ve never experience that before. I think the closest I’ve seen to that is Benicassim asking for your passport number on your contact form for when you rent a glamping tent. 

Sziget did this in 2017, on the bright side I couldn't lose it. In 2019 Sziget didn't take passports, just checked it. 

I was in VIP campsite though, in general camping they don't do this. 

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

Sziget did this in 2017, on the bright side I couldn't lose it. In 2019 Sziget didn't take passports, just checked it. 

I was in VIP campsite though, in general camping they don't do this. 

Yeah its possibly just a thing for the VIP / Glamping element as when i went Sziget in 2016 and roughed it out next to the Colosseum tent (terrible decision) we had no such checks. Similarly for Benicassim it only seems to be for the Glamping tents that they need any details from your passport. 

Come to think of it, when i went Outlook they may have asked for your details, or at least a photocopy of your passport? But then i was volunteering, so wouldn't surprise me if that was specifically for the role.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 7:35 PM, Wayside said:

welcome. I've been at the last edition of Dimensions in Pula but I don't remember anything about passports or ids. Are you sure it isn't referred to ticket+accomodation package?

Anyway, I'll suggest you to write them, they are very responsive also on messenger.

• 8 months later...