I tested positive for Covid - Share your experience

Monkey Allen

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Things aren't going well... She'll be OK but going into itc if she doesn't get better today 

Thoughts are with you, hope things go all right today.  Kids are resilient and from my experience with my children and now grandkids they bounce back very quickly from illness. In good hands with our NHS . 

I'm sure I'm just reading too much into it, but been a bit poorly the last few days, aches, shivering, sore throat, everything tastes like a dirty penny and no appetite.  Just a heavy cold, but there is a certain irony that the only human I've come into contact with this month has been the guy from the ONS who comes to deliver my test who was a bit hoarse last time I saw him.  Due a test in a couple of days anyway and wouldn't have left the house regardless, so I've just cranked the heating up and hunkered down.

56 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'm sure I'm just reading too much into it, but been a bit poorly the last few days, aches, shivering, sore throat, everything tastes like a dirty penny and no appetite.  Just a heavy cold, but there is a certain irony that the only human I've come into contact with this month has been the guy from the ONS who comes to deliver my test who was a bit hoarse last time I saw him.  Due a test in a couple of days anyway and wouldn't have left the house regardless, so I've just cranked the heating up and hunkered down.

Hopefully it’s just a cold ... I’m almost tempted to switch the heating on today ... gonna add a jumper instead bloody horrible the remnants of storm Alex ... keep us updated and hopefully you get a negative back once you get tested 

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Sounds like a good old fashioned cold or, if you’ve a temperature, flu. 

Or classic man flu according to the female of the species, get well soon! A hot toddy might help, whisky, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and more whisky. 

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Seriously fella, get tested. Sound like Covid to me and believe me, I know!
The main symptom I picked up on in your description is the taste thing. 
I had a proper metallic taste in the day or so up to my positive test. 
Thankfully I’ve got through it with little or no long term damage (I think / HOPE!) and my wife has tested negative so we’re all ok now other than still having zero taste or smell. 
it was a horrific experience so book yourself a test. 

Edited by Monkey Allen

Well, I'm just telling myself it's a normal cold til I hear different.  I feel rough but I've been worse and I am due a test after the weekend with the ONS, so I'd find out from that.  I've had bugs in the past where my taste/smell was gone or altered.  Really glad to hear you've got through it and are on the mend.

58 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Well, I'm just telling myself it's a normal cold til I hear different.  I feel rough but I've been worse and I am due a test after the weekend with the ONS, so I'd find out from that.  I've had bugs in the past where my taste/smell was gone or altered.  Really glad to hear you've got through it and are on the mend.

First thanks all 

2nd Yea old son get a test if you can we couldn't get one at all but self isolated for I think 10 tens. Anyway the shop that shut that sparked the worry has reopened... So I guess we're OK.. But there's always the but.. But......... 

I'm off for a Covid test at 10am.

I had a few glasses of wine on Wednesday evening... Woke up feeling hungover as fuck with a cough. Made it through the day mostly on panadol, but feeling a wee bit out of sorts and cough continued intermittently. Felt a bit better yesterday, but did an exercise zoom thing and had a coughing attack after. Rang 111 and they told me to self isolate and get a test....

I'll let you know how it goes. Having that thing up my nose sounds grim, but ideally it'll be negative and I can get some of the weekend back.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Good luck with that.  I got tested on Sunday and am still waiting for the result.

WTF - Seriously?? 

Responsive, fast testing is the best way to manage this at the moment and they can’t even manage to do that competently.  Clowns 🤬

57 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I had a few glasses of wine on Wednesday evening... Woke up feeling hungover as fuck with a cough. Made it through the day mostly on panadol, but feeling a wee bit out of sorts and cough continued intermittently. Felt a bit better yesterday, but did an exercise zoom thing and had a coughing attack after. Rang 111 and they told me to self isolate and get a test....

I'll let you know how it goes. Having that thing up my nose sounds grim, but ideally it'll be negative and I can get some of the weekend back.

Hope you are negative 🤞

Was going to say you won’t be getting much of your weekend back as the earliest you will get your result is tomorrow, but having read @Spindles post above you might be waiting a while.

I had a test about 6 weeks ago, and got a negative result the following morning, but I have heard plenty of people since then who have had to wait longer.

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Good luck. 

I think the results coming back are random - I know two people who got tested at the same test centre on the same day this week. One result came back within 24 hours, the other within 72.

32 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Good luck. 

I think the results coming back are random - I know two people who got tested at the same test centre on the same day this week. One result came back within 24 hours, the other within 72.

Depends where their name is on the spreadsheet. 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

@circus92, @vintagelaureate and @crazyfool1...

Turns out I have covid! Test results back in a little under 12 hours which is pretty mental. Currently the main symptom is the sore throat....and a general feeling of listlessness (or a sense of just not being fucked with anything). All very odd. 

Oh no ... keep us updated ... hopefully you will just have mild symptoms 

10 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Turns out I have covid! Test results back in a little under 12 hours which is pretty mental. Currently the main symptom is the sore throat....and a general feeling of listlessness (or a sense of just not being fucked with anything). All very odd. 

Sorry to hear that, take good care of yourself. 

10 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hope you feel better soon!

Although it was encouraging how quickly they turned around the test result.

Best wishes - take it easy and keep us updated.

Edited by circus92