I tested positive for Covid - Share your experience

Monkey Allen

13 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

They’re one of the sites resident trolls. Just downvotes for the sake of downvoting. 

Doesn’t realise that the downvotes actually have the opposite effect. 

Apart from the new tactic of putting them early in a thread ... I wonder if they could be restricted to upvotes only :) the new trolling :) 

On 10/21/2020 at 3:54 PM, squirrelarmy said:

They’re one of the sites resident trolls. Just downvotes for the sake of downvoting. 

Doesn’t realise that the downvotes actually have the opposite effect. 

How are you doing?? Your symptoms sound pretty much exactly like mine, so sounds likely you have it! Glad it's not too bad 🙂

I lost my taste and smell for 5 days, no other symptoms whatsoever. Family all no symptoms but no test for them, they just had to isolate. 

I have to say I had the exact same thing a couple of years ago with a head cold which was much worse. I was very surprised no temp rise as that is the main, most common symptom apparently. 

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

How are you doing?? Your symptoms sound pretty much exactly like mine, so sounds likely you have it! Glad it's not too bad 🙂

I’ve still got an evil headache and massive brain fog. Don’t know if that’s down to covid or my other crap I’ve got going on. 

Still waiting for my results. The postal test service was pretty efficient. Got my test kit by Wednesday and they received it yesterday. Now just the unknown waiting time while they actually process it and get the results to me. 

On 10/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve still got an evil headache and massive brain fog. Don’t know if that’s down to covid or my other crap I’ve got going on. 

Still waiting for my results. The postal test service was pretty efficient. Got my test kit by Wednesday and they received it yesterday. Now just the unknown waiting time while they actually process it and get the results to me. 

I definitely had brain fog. A "woozy", disorientated sort of feeling. Like being hungover from some sort of intoxicant that I'd not tried before. A very odd feeling!

Hope you get your results soon

On 10/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, squirrelarmy said:

I hope you are taking good care of yourself!!!
Honestly the waiting times for the tests results are inexcusable at times!! I’m sure the anxiety does not help people’s recovery! 

I’ve got my test results back. Was negative for Covid but I still have the symptoms so I’ve been told to continue working from home until they have cleared up. 

The headache is the worst part of it. I’ve never had one last this long. It could be something else completely. 

35 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve got my test results back. Was negative for Covid but I still have the symptoms so I’ve been told to continue working from home until they have cleared up. 

The headache is the worst part of it. I’ve never had one last this long. It could be something else completely. 

how long have you had the headache for?

4 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

It is a very long time! Hope it goes soon x

(I've still got mine - 5 days now!)

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Since Monday night. It’s a long time to have a headache. 

I could be very wrong but I suffer with migraines and they hang around for ages!!! They can be horrible and have lots of side effects!! 
look after yourselves both of you!! 

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve actually got an appointment with my neurosurgeon next week. Will ask him to work out what’s going on with my head. 

Hope all goes well!! Have to say with my experiences of hospitals recently they seem to be doing quite a good job of meeting non urgent/urgent appointments!! Annoying we have had to wait but I think they are doing what they can safely! 

On 9/29/2020 at 5:02 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Fantastic to hear you are on the mend ... and best of luck with everyone else .... Its strange how I notice peoples absence from the forum and wonder how people are doing in these tough times and people ive not met too ... its like an extended family for me .. its just impossible to check in with everyone and when someone posts that hasn't been on here for a while its great to see them  check in , I just hope the people who have gone quiet are just battening down the hatches ... and will return once we get some positive Glastonbury news ... so yeah if you are lurking and haven't checked in for a bit ... say hello :) 

Hello from me! :good:

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ah hello welcome back ... all ok ? 

All is well thanks, may have had it in March and like many won't know until we can be tested. So taking no risks as I have Menieres Disease which could be an autoimmune condition. As we live in a coastal tourist area in Cornwall we are still inundated with visitors many of who "came here to get away from Covid"  so face masks and social distancing don't apply to them! With this in mind we are still shielding and having groceries delivered. Hope you are keeping well? 

Edited by StoneCircle

This isn’t going to be popular, but it’s where my heads at now and I need to voice it and hopefully have a conversation around it. I can’t understand how this is continuing to spread at the rate it is, if everyone kept 2m away from others then surely it would not spread like this. Those who have caught it, do you feel guilt or responsible for contributing to the spread? Can you pin point when you caught it? I’m working from home so I understand that it’s far easier for me to stay away from people, but I haven’t been in another house since this started - not one single house. Nor have I hugged anyone other than my partner (who I live with) since end of March. 

My dad and step mum are now isolating after contracting it (step mum has never distanced from her family). My (half)sister is now livid because her dad has contracted it and she has been at his house a lot (she too hasn’t been distancing from anyone). She’s now livid that she has to isolate and won’t get paid.

I understand some close contact work and caring commitments mean some will inevitably catch the virus, but surely the numbers we are seeing are also down to people being closer to others than they should?

I have kept away from others and I haven’t caught it as far as I’m aware (had antibody test arranged by work couple of months back and was negative). Others I have seen catch it, I also know haven’t been distancing from people. So is it right to be angry and feel like people who catch it without a work/caring reason are reasonable for this mess? When do people dieing as a result of this virus become part the fault of those who are catching it and passing it on?

I might sound like a nutter, but I’m tearing my hair out as to why people are still catching it despite what we know about the need to distance from people.

Edited by mikegday