I tested positive for Covid - Share your experience

Monkey Allen

34 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Woken feeling quite lethargic and shivery, I'll monitor myself and rest up today probably just a bug and nothing to worry about. 

Tbh, I would still call 111. They'll go through symptoms with you and tell you if you need a test or not, and then you can just book a walk-in app or order a home one. I really didn't think I'd have it either and just thought it was a hangover/cold, but it was lucky I called them and got the test! 

I'm pretty pissed off that I didn't even get a test result after 7 days, tbh.  I've received 3 emails in the last week asking me to fill in a survey on my experience, the most recent of which read:

We would be very grateful if you could spend a few minutes completing a short follow-up survey about your experience and whether you have received virus test results (3 minutes).

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'm pretty pissed off that I didn't even get a test result after 7 days, tbh.  I've received 3 emails in the last week asking me to fill in a survey on my experience, the most recent of which read:

We would be very grateful if you could spend a few minutes completing a short follow-up survey about your experience and whether you have received virus test results (3 minutes).

OMG! I'm really shocked at that. At the test centre here, they were pretty certain it would be max 48 but probably within 24. However, no one has called me for the follow up test and trace thing, which they said they would. Mkes you wonder how regional all this stuff is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Thank you both for your recommendations, shortly after posting I found out after what it was.. it was a 24hr stomach bug. Feel foolish now for being quite concerned in the morning, but back to normal today.

never feel foolish for something thats so serious as this ... you will be like most of us im sure .... well me definitely any cough and i worry i might have it .... 

I lost my taste and smell in March, my smell hasn’t returned.  I spend my life feeling tired with a permanent sore chest and in the last month I’ve developed significant heart issues. 

2020 can do one and so can anyone that says Covid isn’t real.  

I'm booked in for a test through work tomorrow. I've had a bit of a sore throat for a few days, but that's just par for the course with me - have had one multiple times since covid started. Today I have felt significantly more ill, and though I don't have a thermometer to tell, pretty certain I've developed a temperature.

General lethargy/fatigue, brain fogginess and some abdominal symptoms from the wider covid oeuvre suggest that's what it might be.. but then it could be I'm in a latter stage of it now and the test doesn't pick it up.

Either way, that's me and the boyfriend self-isolating for two weeks. I feel bad about that, as I can work from home (although not sure I'm really feeling up to it at the moment) but he cannot. But then again, he works at a university, so the last thing they want is him causing an outbreak in the few parts of campus they're trying to keep open. Just got to be sensible.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

How are you @Sasperella ? best of luck @WestCountryGirl ..... hope you are ok and hopefully test negative 

Hello

Yes, all good here! The worst thing to deal with was Sunday's boredom. Was feeling a little fuzzy headed so was chilling on the sofa as everyone told me I needed to rest....tbh, it just made me feel depressed! Pulled myself together in the afternoon and did some things. Other than fuzzy head and the initial hangover feeling, symptoms have never been worse than a very intermittent cough and a sore throat over the weekend. Cleared up now but stuck inside until Sunday morning....and it's starting to send me a little loopy!! I'm desperate to go out!!

I’ve just joined the test waiting list. Massive temperature last night, beer didn’t taste right. Huge headache and sore throat. No cough though. 

Seeing as a couple of people at my work have just tested positive too I’ve been told to be extra cautious and not come into work until I get the all clear. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve just joined the test waiting list. Massive temperature last night, beer didn’t taste right. Huge headache and sore throat. No cough though. 

Seeing as a couple of people at my work have just tested positive too I’ve been told to be extra cautious and not come into work until I get the all clear. 

Ffs ...hope it all goes ok ... not enjoying seeing people’s avatars in this thread ... judging by yours there should be no issues with the nose pokey thing ... 

I'm now into day 5 of waiting for the results of my test which I got through work (not NHS), though all of the relevant web pages are still boldly claiming that results will be received "within 24 hours". 

It's not like there is anyone to complain to, and I understand the system must be under immense strain but.. it's pretty poor really.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:22 PM, themuel said:

I lost my taste and smell in March, my smell hasn’t returned.  I spend my life feeling tired with a permanent sore chest and in the last month I’ve developed significant heart issues. 

2020 can do one and so can anyone that says Covid isn’t real.  

Vert similar experience. Back in March a few days before lockdown, my OH caught C-19 from school (he’s a teacher). I developed a sore throat, very bad headaches and chills, then lost my sense of taste and smell completely. Took 2 weeks to come back to anything like normal. Didn’t go into my chest luckily. OH reports his chest still feels tight and he also got bad muscular pains with it.  I’ve suffered from really bad fatigue, which is still plaguing me now. Am normally v fit, but pulse now races after exercise. And I had a mild version....

My Daughter now home for two weeks because someone in two of her four classes (A-Levels) has had positive test result, good news is she doesnt really interact with him but still shes now locked down and we are as well if she shows symptoms. Luckily I can work from home so doesnt make too much difference apart from wanting to go out for a run or walk and my toddler might start going crazy.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:22 AM, squirrelarmy said:

Aw little squirrel hope you're ok x

On 10/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, crazyfool1 said:

Ffs ...hope it all goes ok ... not enjoying seeing people’s avatars in this thread ... judging by yours there should be no issues with the nose pokey thing ... 

😂 hahaha x

12 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Aw little squirrel hope you're ok x

I don’t actually feel that bad. My work are wanting to keep things super cautious and don’t want anyone in who may even be positive even if they’re not that symptomatic plus I’ve got a hospital appointment coming up so I have to be on the more sensible side.

I’ve still got the headache and sore throat although I have developed a cough now but otherwise feeling ok. My test should be arriving today so will be doing the pokey pokey thing and sending it back. Will see how long it actually takes to get results. 

I felt a lot worse earlier in the year when testing wasn’t available. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t actually feel that bad. My work are wanting to keep things super cautious and don’t want anyone in who may even be positive even if they’re not that symptomatic plus I’ve got a hospital appointment coming up so I have to be on the more sensible side.

I’ve still got the headache and sore throat although I have developed a cough now but otherwise feeling ok. My test should be arriving today so will be doing the pokey pokey thing and sending it back. Will see how long it actually takes to get results. 

I felt a lot worse earlier in the year when testing wasn’t available. 

careful you dont shove it too far up your nose, dunno if it was on here or twitter i saw a woman did a test and it got shoved up her nose too far and she was leaking brain fluid or something 

in all seriousness tho hope you're ok

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

careful you dont shove it too far up your nose, dunno if it was on here or twitter i saw a woman did a test and it got shoved up her nose too far and she was leaking brain fluid or something 

in all seriousness tho hope you're ok

I won’t put the test as deep as your finger! 

I don’t think I have it but having been in contact with a couple of people who have tested positive and having mild symptoms means I have to go through the motions. 

Test kit arrived already. Poked my tonsils and nose with it. 

Just have to get it posted back now. Priority postage so they should receive it tomorrow and if the system is working as planned I may have my results by Friday.

Will see how quickly it gets processed but so far the shipping out part of the service has been fairly efficient. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Test kit arrived already. Poked my tonsils and nose with it. 

Just have to get it posted back now. Priority postage so they should receive it tomorrow and if the system is working as planned I may have my results by Friday.

Will see how quickly it gets processed but so far the shipping out part of the service has been fairly efficient. 

Weird choice of post to downvote. I'd cancel it out, but I've run out of reactions.