I tested positive for Covid - Share your experience

Monkey Allen

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Nightmare.. My granddaughter baby Eliza has just gone in ambulance to the hospital.. Runny nose saliva running out of control and terrible stats.. 

They have tested for covid but will not know till tomorrow.. Bloody nightmare 

Sending best wishes, covid or not I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery 

6 hours ago, chuckles07 said:

It is interesting that there aren’t many more similar experiences from people who post on here. Wonder what it implies of the efests demographic - lucky and blessed maybe?

We are at the point in the spread now where instead of it being smaller clusters of cases that it is closer to all of us.  By xmas it is likely that almost everyone will know someone who has had it I think.  I lost a close friend at the end of August and it was a terrible shock.  That's one of the worst things about this, when people get it it can go from them being fine to being extremely seriously ill extremely quickly.

@Guy, hope the little one gets well soon.

I had it at the end of March had very minor flu like symptoms and shortness of breath. From what I remember was over in what felt like a few days. I would not thought I had it at all if it wasn't for my mother with whom I live with was really unwell for two and half weeks. She told me after the whole thing that she didn't think she would make it but didn't want to tell which was very upsetting. We also both had "long covid" symptoms such as rashes, hair falling out and I had pins & needles for a couple of months if you believe they are related as the news suggests. Now my mum is 50, in good health and I am an unhealthy 30 year old smoker and the polarizing experiences we both had blew me away.

Stay safe

• Upvote 1

I'm really struggling with something. So i'm trying to order a home test kit but when I get to the end, it says they can't confirm my identity. I've double checked all my details including NI number, NHS number etc. It's all correct. I've tried using a few different addresses too, but that hasn't worked either.

Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong?

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm really struggling with something. So i'm trying to order a home test kit but when I get to the end, it says they can't confirm my identity. I've double checked all my details including NI number, NHS number etc. It's all correct. I've tried using a few different addresses too, but that hasn't worked either.

Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong?

probably that the system is bollocks and its nothing you are doing wrong ... just the lack of tests available 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nope, no luck. I don't drive and the nearest walk-in test centre is miles away :(

Are you on the open electoral roll, or are you on the 'hidden' or closed roll, which you can opt to do?

The ID verification company search the open electoral roll and you may not show if you opted to be hidden.

The verification company is actually a credit reference agency. If you have a history of frequent house moves etc you might also fail a verification test as well.

Just now, Copperface said:

Are you on the open electoral roll, or are you on the 'hidden' or closed roll, which you can opt to do?

The ID verification company search the open electoral roll and you may not show if you opted to be hidden.

The verification company is actually a credit reference agency. If you have a history of frequent house moves etc you might also fail a verification test as well.

do you really need to been on the electoral roll to get a test ? surely not ?  although nothing would surprise me these days 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you really need to been on the electoral roll to get a test ? surely not ?  although nothing would surprise me these days 

It's not about getting a test. It's about verifying identity.

https://www.mobihealthnews.com/news/emea/disadvantaged-groups-may-not-be-able-access-covid-19-antigen-tests-online

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ournhs/people-left-without-covid-19-tests-due-id-verification-gaps/

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Thanks for those ..... thats bloody appalling :( 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nope, no luck. I don't drive and the nearest walk-in test centre is miles away :(

posted by @Waterdeep on the other thread .... might help 

For anyone looking to order a home test, this site shows the times people got through over the previous 7 days. Might be a good indicator of when to try.

https://c9s.uk/home-test-availability/

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

I'm probably on the open roll, but the last time I voted was years ago, and I lived in a different part of the country. Also yeah, I've moved quite a lot; 3 times within the past 12 months :(

11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I'm probably on the open roll, but the last time I voted was years ago, and I lived in a different part of the country. Also yeah, I've moved quite a lot; 3 times within the past 12 months :(

The last bit probably identifies where the problem is.

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@guypjfreak hows Eliza ? @Gilgamesh69 did you manage to sort the test ? 

She's still in hospital.. The nurses are all like ooo it's Eliza how big she's grown ect.. She's like a star cos they didn't expect her to live.. She's got to go a whole night with out need oxygen and full stats before they'll let her home.. Thanks for asking old son.. And you Mr V

• Like 1

Just now, guypjfreak said:

She's still in hospital.. The nurses are all like ooo it's Eliza how big she's grown ect.. She's like a star cos they didn't expect her to live.. She's got to go a whole night with out need oxygen and full stats before they'll let her home.. Thanks for asking old son.. And you Mr V

Aw good news ... hope she has a good night 

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Nice thing to read, christ, god bless you all old son! More of the good juju your way 

• Upvote 1