Shiny new site

Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

Similar to Chrome to clear cache :)

Here is one way to do it:

If you press 'ctrl' + 'shift' + 'del' at once when you are in Internet Explorer, you should get a pop up to Delete Browser History.

Un-click the options except Temporary Internet files and website files.

Then click delete and refresh the page :) 

Will that work when the administrators have locked down the browser? 

I know @Wellyboot has only got limited access to her internet settings on her work pc. 

16 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I know @Wellyboot has only got limited access to her internet settings on her work pc. 

Good question, didn't realise that. It will depend on the restrictions they have in place.

Worth a try anyway!

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

If you press 'ctrl' + 'shift' + 'del' at once when you are in Internet Explorer, you should get a pop up to Delete Browser History.

Thank you, it let me do what you said but it still doesn't let me type.. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

.. must be something to do with this!

Ah well, we tried Thank you for helping both x

6 hours ago, Spindles said:

I have, it wasn't about the elitism so much as thinking of ways to get more money in Neil's pocket.  I wouldn't even want to make use of such an area but was thinking about how reddit monetise their site.

I don't know about reddit, but can see your logic. I'd still be against such a move though for the reason already stated. In addition, wouldn't it present an opportunity for a negative blow to the site in that many lurkers and others would be denied access to a part of the site, the accessible part becomes more and more redundant, viewing figures then negatively affect advertising revenue etc

Hi @eFestivals, I'm getting some slightly odd behaviour on the shiny new site. When I hit the "next" button at the bottom of the page it normally works fine, but occasionally it takes me to the bottom of the next page instead of the top. I know it's not much of a hardship for me to scroll up, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Might be my problem rather than yours. I'm using Chrome on an Android phone.

That's a fair comment Yog.  People keep giving me gold on reddit for some reason, so I've seen the 'added value' stuff you get that I'd never pay for and I just thought I'd pop the idea in here because I was saddened recently to read a post where Neil mentioned that times were a bit hard and was stoned and idly thinking about things that might help that.  We all like to support the businesses we value I am sure.

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I just thought I'd pop the idea in here because I was saddened recently to read a post where Neil mentioned that times were a bit hard and was stoned and idly thinking about things that might help that.  We all like to support the businesses we value I am sure.

Hello Spindles,

Oh, I wasn't aware of that post. That provides me with greater clarity now as to your proposition. That bit of info has saddened me too now. 

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the funding front @eFestivals have you looked at eFests facemasks? Now the buggers are here to stay I'm shopping around for bands doing masks as merch, so I'd definitely be up for an efests one. Although appreciate it might be one of those things that just wouldn't work out as cost effective for you.

i looked into it a couple of months ago ... but ended up with an arsehole of a salesman who wouldn't answer easy questions and took an age to reply, by which time I was so fucked off about it that I gave up. ;) 

Anyway, in the end i decided to skip it as funds are exceedingly tight and I couldn't really risk them not selling.

Just now, eFestivals said:

i looked into it a couple of months ago ... but ended up with an arsehole of a salesman who wouldn't answer easy questions and took an age to reply, by which time I was so fucked off about it that I gave up. ;) 

Anyway, in the end i decided to skip it as funds are exceedingly tight and I couldn't really risk them not selling.

Fair enough.  I've got a black mask and a pink sharpie, what could go wrong? :lol:

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If it's any help I'd be more than happy to preorder one with money in advance. 

Maybe others would too?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

If it's any help I'd be more than happy to preorder one with money in advance. 

Maybe others would too?

thanks, but having decided to skip it I think I'll keep it that way. It's not like it would have been a great earner even if all got sold - and now I don't have the cash for the outlay either. Bank account hit zero yesterday. :( 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:54 AM, northernringo said:

Thanks for this, I did it yesterday and it still wouldnt work, but today it seems fine! So thank you very much!!! :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

thanks, but having decided to skip it I think I'll keep it that way. It's not like it would have been a great earner even if all got sold - and now I don't have the cash for the outlay either. Bank account hit zero yesterday. :( 

Don't know what to say to that Neil. Fingers crossed I guess x

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

Don't know what to say to that Neil. Fingers crossed I guess x

Efestivals isn't going anywhere, my employment with efestivals might be.

That's a bummer for me personally of course but it's nothing different to what's happening to plenty of others.

I'm hopeful I can wangle it until the new year. Beyond that it's probably all about whether festivals are back on.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Efestivals isn't going anywhere, my employment with efestivals might be.

That's a bummer for me personally of course but it's nothing different to what's happening to plenty of others.

I'm hopeful I can wangle it until the new year. Beyond that it's probably all about whether festivals are back on.

I mean, that's obviously great that the site will be around, but the fingers crossed was for your own situation in this case!  Hopefully things improve.