Shiny new site

Hugh Jass

39 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm having a mare.

Its working perfectly on my phone (where I'm typing this)

But on the computer i can't send a reply to a thread. Its probably the work computer cos they're crap but I used to be able to do it before. Does anyone know what I can do, if anything to fix it at my end?

clear your browser cache - it's very likely to be that.

Struth.. I go camping for a few days and everything has gone strange lol.. Lovely to get away for a few days and we had lovely weather.. Now I'm back I'm bloody shattered lol.. Its the closest thing to glasto I'll get I reckon.. 

Not sure on this Neil but hay we'll get used to it.. Good work old son 

Ps how do I post pics... Its going to be obvious I know lol

Edited by guypjfreak

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Struth.. I go camping for a few days and everything has gone strange lol.. Lovely to get away for a few days and we had lovely weather.. Now I'm back I'm bloody shattered lol.. Its the closest thing to glasto I'll get I reckon.. 

Not sure on this Neil but hay we'll get used to it.. Good work old son 

DSC02836.JPG

New site design is shiny and nice, but I'd REALLY like a night mode/dark theme ;)

Also, just a thought, but how about a 'members lounge' forum and the ability to gift gold membership (for example, a couple of quid donation might allow someone to bestow gold on another for a month as a kind of spectacular upvote/like).  I don't actually want to use a members only area personally so much as it's something that comes with the equivalent reddit gold accounts and is a low resource way to provide value added service to members along with an incentive to drive some more income to the site.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Also, just a thought, but how about a 'members lounge' forum and the ability to gift gold membership (for example, a couple of quid donation might allow someone to bestow gold on another for a month as a kind of spectacular upvote/like).  I don't actually want to use a members only area personally so much as it's something that comes with the equivalent reddit gold accounts and is a low resource way to provide value added service to members along with an incentive to drive some more income to the site.

Hello Spindles,

I'm surprised that you have come out with the above. The above proposal is a form of financial elitism that I would say many on here would be totally against - myself included. 

Have you had a smoke? If yes, then I understand. If no, smoke one. :)

11 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Love the new look :) 

@WellybootI has this issue and as Neil said clearing my cache sorted it. Also worked if I went into incognito mode which you could try for now until you can get someone to clear your cache for you.

I don't know how to do it 😂 and cos its a work computer I can't mess with it too much.. so I might have to just read at work and save all my replies til I can use my phone. Stupid computer 😠 

15 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I don't know how to do it 😂 and cos its a work computer I can't mess with it too much.. so I might have to just read at work and save all my replies til I can use my phone. Stupid computer 😠 

Would be easier if your employers came out of the dark ages and stopped using internet explorer but we know that’s never going to happen. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Its Internet explorer 

Similar to Chrome to clear cache :)

Here is one way to do it:

If you press 'ctrl' + 'shift' + 'del' at once when you are in Internet Explorer, you should get a pop up to Delete Browser History.

Un-click the options except Temporary Internet files and website files.

Then click delete and refresh the page :) 

Edited by northernringo