RIP Toots Hibbert

CaledonianGonzo

5 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Rest easy Toots, I forgive you for keeping me hanging around the West Holts in 2017 - your tunes made my life better. 

Yeah me too!

Monkey Man is the ONE tune guaranteed to get me off my sorry ass and dancing like a fool.

Thank you for the music Toots, RIP.

17 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Rest easy Toots, I forgive you for keeping me hanging around the West Holts in 2017 - your tunes made my life better. 

Oh man, I'm so gutted that he never showed up that year :(

What was the reason in the end? I heard differing stories, that it was his crew's fault or that there was a blockage in movement and he just couldn't get there.

1 hour ago, wonker said:

Oh man, I'm so gutted that he never showed up that year :(

What was the reason in the end? I heard differing stories, that it was his crew's fault or that there was a blockage in movement and he just couldn't get there.

They got on site late for some reason, actually saw them in a Range Rover going towards West Holts as I was walking away, far too late by then for them to play, luckily went to The Dead Kennedys that night and so saw Toots afterwards, so lucky to catch him, RIP Toots.

30 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

They got on site late for some reason, actually saw them in a Range Rover going towards West Holts as I was walking away, far too late by then for them to play, luckily went to The Dead Kennedys that night and so saw Toots afterwards, so lucky to catch him, RIP Toots.

I left the Pyramid to beat the rush, went to the naughty corne, saw him playing (having been there for his no-show at WH) then got a 'thanks and goodnight' at the end of the song. Bah! Saw him at Bestival though v good.