Phoebe fucking Bridgers

Couldn’t see a specific thread, apologies if there is (please delete if so!). Thought someone currently vying for AOTY deserved a dedicated thread.

This is obviously perfection:

Edited by jparx
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Schinfler said:

Cannot agree more.

What about her Radiohead cover 🤩

https://youtu.be/JKPaA3p3bJU

Yeah it’s incredible. I think there’s doubts about whether she plays next year, but if so imagine Phoebe and Thom performing it together 😍

This is absolutely stunning as well. In a weird year, this is by far the best non-fan gig I’ve seen. The lack of fans doesn’t really matter at all.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jparx said:

Yeah it’s incredible. I think there’s doubts about whether she plays next year, but if so imagine Phoebe and Thom performing it together 😍

Pass my the needle and let me inject this thought directly into my veins.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

This is absolutely stunning as well. In a weird year, this is by far the best non-fan gig I’ve seen. The lack of fans doesn’t really matter at all.

God I'm excited to be in the middle of a crowd for "I Know the End"...

• Upvote 1

If we’re getting a duff set of replacement Pyramid headliners, Phoebe headlining the Park would be a dream result. Not expecting it, but keeping fingers crossed.

She was meant to be on The Park this year (same day as Big Thief, Laura M and the Manics?) and it was all set to be one of the highlights.

Those videos with Arlo Parks are great although I wish Arlo sang a bit more in them. Guess Phoebe filmed them when she flew over to allegedly bang the guy from Normal People.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

If we’re getting a duff set of replacement Pyramid headliners, Phoebe headlining the Park would be a dream result. Not expecting it, but keeping fingers crossed.

Yes please - I'd take that over almost any potential pyramid headliner to be honest!

Not that I'm obsessed with Phoebe & Conor Oberst or anything, but can we have a Glasto with Bright Eyes, Phoebe Bridgers, Better Oblivion Community Centre & Boygenius all playing? Then I could retire from Glasto as a happy old man! Or am I just being greedy?

2 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Not that I'm obsessed with Phoebe & Conor Oberst or anything, but can we have a Glasto with Bright Eyes, Phoebe Bridgers, Better Oblivion Community Centre & Boygenius all playing? Then I could retire from Glasto as a happy old man! Or am I just being greedy?

Please please please please. Waited 9 years for more Bright Eyes. They come back the same year as Phoebe does, well...what she has done in 2020...and it's all cancelled. Add Julien and Lucy into the mix and it would be what we deserve after this horror show. 

7 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Please please please please. Waited 9 years for more Bright Eyes. They come back the same year as Phoebe does, well...what she has done in 2020...and it's all cancelled. Add Julien and Lucy into the mix and it would be what we deserve after this horror show. 

Me too mate - had ticket for end of the road festival last week & was so stoked for Bright Eyes return. Would have been my highlight of the year!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:50 PM, Ryan1984 said:

She was meant to be on The Park this year (same day as Big Thief, Laura M and the Manics?) and it was all set to be one of the highlights.

What a day that would have been.  Perfect stage for all of them really.  Thought Laura M was a bit wasted on the Pyramid in 2017.

It's about the only (selfish) positive of GFL 2020 being canned that in June 2020 i might not have made it to the Park stage but June 2021 i'll be whenever and wherever she is on.

Man alive... now ive got another new (to me) artist to obsess over.!

and when Glastonbury actually happens and i still dont have a ticket and Phoebe Bridgers headlines The Park, im going to be proper depressed....

You people make me sick.!

My son recently introduced my to her music.  I love her voice, she's got a bit of a Joni Mitchell about her vocal style, and a Fleetwood mac vibe I pick up on now and then.  Much to like.

This was the song that won me over: