Phoebe fucking Bridgers

jparx

59 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If she gets a crossover hit I can see her taking some slightly bigger slots, but I think she’s a bit away from being a sub or third down main sorta booking.

Think she could come back as an other sub in a few years. 

This is exactly where I think she'll be, if her next album does as well for her as this one (it'll chart much higher), her return for a sundown set on the Other would be a huge get. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah she only has 2 solo albums but Punisher is definitely the most complete of the two and the best place to start. Her most recent setlists are very Punisher heavy too with 2 or 3 from her first album and sometimes one from the Boygenius EP she did with Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker (which is also very much worth checking out). 

14 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

I'm thinking this artist may be up my street - what album would be best to try, in regards to quality and what she's likely to play at Glastonbury? A quick google implies her latest, Punisher, is popular?

Just listen to punisher front to back and you’ll be hooked.

I know the end is one of the best songs I’ve heard in years. 

Edited by Matt42

I’m looking forward to hearing what people think of her current live performances.  This summer is the first time she’s toured in the U.K. right following Punisher?

I was/am a massive fan of Stranger in the Alps and saw her a couple of times on that tour (one gig, once at a festival).  However, I wasn’t blown away either time I saw her and didn’t think it was any better than just listening to the record.  Maybe the new songs on the record add something extra to the live show (I’m certain I Know The End absolutely kills live). 

5 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I’m looking forward to hearing what people think of her current live performances.  This summer is the first time she’s toured in the U.K. right following Punisher?

I was/am a massive fan of Stranger in the Alps and saw her a couple of times on that tour (one gig, once at a festival).  However, I wasn’t blown away either time I saw her and didn’t think it was any better than just listening to the record.  Maybe the new songs on the record add something extra to the live show (I’m certain I Know The End absolutely kills live). 

Yeah it is, unless you're counting the Roundhouse gig where she played a lot of Punisher songs for the first time. Even at that gig you could see her live sets had bumped up in terms of quality. I think the band are really good now from the live footage stuff I've seen, they've got someone on keys and such now adding that extra depth. I also think the visuals for this tour look great.

5 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

She looked absolutely A* at Coachella. Proper festival performance.

I’m a huge fan, absolutely love her, but have resigned myself to missing her if she’s on headliner time, particularly if she’s on Friday or Saturday.

want to party on Friday/Saturday evenings, not mope to sad girl indie 😞

Just praying she’s down ticket on pyramid or something but know that’s very unlikely.

I must be missing something. Have tried multiple times to listen to her based on the hype here but she comes across as nothing more than study music. Cant imagine it translates well at a festival.

Open to being shown the light but just havent connected so far despite repeat efforts.

Note: you guys made me do a complete 180 on TayTay which to this day remains a top 10 album for me.

• Upvote 1

I really like her and love the BOCC album too, I find it difficult to place her at the festival! I kind of see her as a Sunday afternoon Pyramid slot, kind of chill in the sun sort of slot, will try to go wherever she is.

13 minutes ago, blue6field said:

I really like her and love the BOCC album too, I find it difficult to place her at the festival! I kind of see her as a Sunday afternoon Pyramid slot, kind of chill in the sun sort of slot, will try to go wherever she is.

She’s definitely not Sunday as is playing in Brum. Has 24-25th on her tour dates, which has caused debates on here.

Some hopefully think that means she’s playing two sets (me?), some thinking it indicates a secret set, or a guest appearance, and some thinking that it’s just a quirk of how they’ve put it into her dates.

She has lots of other festivals in her tour dates but only one with a hyphenated date like that, so I think she’s playing twice personally.

Edited by MaxPower

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

She’s definitely not Sunday as is playing in Brum. Has 24-25th on her tour dates, which has caused debates on here.

Some hopefully think that means she’s playing two sets (me?), some thinking it indicates a secret set, or a guest appearance, and some thinking that it’s just a quirk of how they’ve put it into her dates.

She has lots of other festivals in her tour dates but only one with a hyphenated date like that, so I think she’s playing twice personally.

I know she’s not on the Sunday what I meant was that chilled Sunday afternoon type of set, as I said really struggling to where she plays! Will see her regardless( shifts permitting!)

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

That would be a dream come true for me.  I've already resigned myself to the fact that whenever she plays it will be up against something I want to see.  Other stage sunset slot would be perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Has anyone ever headlined on one stage and played lower down on another in the same weekend. I'm racking my brains and can't think of any?

Off the top of my head, Bon Iver headlined The Park in 2009 and played lower on The Other as well.

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Has anyone ever headlined on one stage and played lower down on another in the same weekend. I'm racking my brains and can't think of any?

In 2014 Dry the River headlined Avalon on the Sunday having played JPT earlier in the festival.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Off the top of my head, Bon Iver headlined The Park in 2009 and played lower on The Other as well.

1 minute ago, BluePaul said:

In 2014 Dry the River headlined Avalon on the Sunday having played JPT earlier in the festival.

Cheers knew there would be some examples but I couldn't think of them. If she plays somewhere like the Park she would have to headline so wondered if that would make her less likely to be on again. Glad it doesn't rule it out. Feels like headliners could be stacked this year so having another option would be great. 

2 hours ago, TheGChild said:

I must be missing something. Have tried multiple times to listen to her based on the hype here but she comes across as nothing more than study music. Cant imagine it translates well at a festival.

Open to being shown the light but just havent connected so far despite repeat efforts.

Note: you guys made me do a complete 180 on TayTay which to this day remains a top 10 album for me.

Yeah I think Punisher coming out during 2020 apocalypse and also when my headspace wasn’t great made it quite poignant and apt for the time. 

coachella is worth a watch if it’s available or this one is pretty good although the crowd being missing is very bizarre.

im also a big Tay fan since Love Story days, as a pretend trendy 21 year old man at the time I died on that hill many a time, now everyone has come around 😂