Phoebe fucking Bridgers

jparx

On 2/10/2021 at 11:32 PM, Suprefan said:

Sure it was. And here is her talking about it all. 

Of course it was. If you're such a suprefan you'd see I was on the Phoebe train long before you in this thread. Another joke, just for hints. What isn't a joke is I've been on the train for real, before Stranger in the Alps had left the station, so I'm hardly likely to turn tail and go weird over her having a laugh on a TV show am I?

Get back on your large horse, Sir Galahad, nothing to see here and I imagine Phoebe would do her own defence pretty well regardless.

Also FYI, SG's are cheap. Mine cost me 160. 

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Already? Its been two years since Punisher! 

Ha yeah I suppose you’re right! I think the fact that she hasn’t really had the chance to tour it and hasn’t been out of the limelight since makes it seem so  recent. Wasn’t expecting a follow up until next year tbh. 

Somebody on Reddit seems to think this is just a standalone for Sally Rooney’s (one of Phoebe’s favourite authors, wrote Normal People, the star of which Phoebe is currently with) new TV show. Don’t know if there’s any evidence to this other than those connecting factors, but we shall see. 

2 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

The more I listen to her, the more I like her. Didn't realise she had Connor Oberst connections. I commented that she sounded like a female Oberst before I even knew that, but it doesn't take anything away from her.

Have you listened to the Better Oblivion Community Center album?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I like it. Particularly the slight change up/piano that comes in at 2.51.

Seems like it was written for the new Sally Rooney show as suggested.

It was written by Marshall and his girlfriend (and I’m assuming Phoebe but nobody seems to know for sure) a couple of years ago - was on sound cloud for ages but got taken down this week: 

but yeah it’s been re-recorded for the TV show 

8 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Ahh okay!  And who are Marshall and Ruby?

Marshall Vore and Ruby Rain Henley. Marshall co-wrote half of Phoebe’s debut album and then was on drums for the majority of Punisher. I think he used to tour with her too but can’t remember. 

Don’t know anything about Ruby other than she’s Marshall’s girlfriend and they record together!