So it starts.. Hopefully no Xmas

guypjfreak

On 9/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, blutarsky said:

I’m a member of my local town centre management board - we decided no switch on at a meeting on Monday 

How did that go? Was it so very dark in the meeting that you couldn't see and could only hear voices? Were those voices telling you that it was time to go out and kill again? 

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Sorry I'm definitely not a humbug... I even think I have a jazzy Christmas shirt if we do a virtual meet at the time! (if I can plan around my many watchings of Love Actually) 

I might actually try and watch a different Christmas film every day in December this year. Klaus from last year definitely goes on the list.

What actually defines something as a Christmas film?

Die Hard definitely is one. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. But what specifically makes it a Christmas film? If it’s just because it has scenes and mentions Christmas then can I also include Deadpool as a Christmas film?

20 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I might actually try and watch a different Christmas film every day in December this year. Klaus from last year definitely goes on the list.

Great shout! Elf, The Holiday, Santa Clause and finishing off with The Polar Express! I bloody love a cheesey Christmas film. 

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Die Hard definitely is one. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong. But what specifically makes it a Christmas film? If it’s just because it has scenes and mentions Christmas then can I also include Deadpool as a Christmas film?

I'd say Die Hard is allowed... I'm not sure what makes it a Christmas film. 

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How did that go? Was it so very dark in the meeting that you couldn't see and could only hear voices? Were those voices telling you that it was time to go out and kill again? 

I don’t recall, but when I got home I was naked, drenched head to toe in blood and had a pentangle shaped burn on my right buttock. 

42 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I don’t recall, but when I got home I was naked, drenched head to toe in blood and had a pentangle shaped burn on my right buttock. 

Oh, just the run of the mill local town centre management board meeting then! I suppose the goat population in your neck of the woods is looking a bit low compared to the national average!?

8 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

my take is that a christmas film needs christmas music. Die Hard qualifies :) not seen Deadpool, but does it have christmas songs in it ?

13 minutes ago, paulshane said:

my take is that a christmas film needs christmas music. Die Hard qualifies :) not seen Deadpool, but does it have christmas songs in it ?

There is a song that mentions Christmas and he talks about his shiny red suit and whose on his naughty list. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There is a song that mentions Christmas and he talks about his shiny red suit and whose on his naughty list. 

sounds like a christmas film to me then :)

edit: imdb says Bing is on the OST, so deffo in my book:

I'll Be Home For Christmas
Written by Walter Kent, Kim Gannon & Buck Ram
Performed by Bing Crosby

Edited by paulshane

39 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Need to find more of these alternative xmas films. 

Gremlins is nice and dark, so is Bad Santa. 

Batman Returns is my favourite.

Then there are others like First Blood, Black Christmas (original version), pretty much any film written and directed by Shane Black, American Psycho, In Bruges and those already mentioned in other posts. There are loads out there 🎅 🎄 

6 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

There's only 2 Christmas films - It's a Wonderful Life and The Muppet Christmas Carol, although The Nightmare Before Christmas almost makes it in.

I need to pull my finger out and make seeing 'It's a Wonderful Life' happen. In fact, if I remember and also get to this Christmas, then I'm going to ensure that I watch it then. I'm now going to send myself a note to this effect in the vain hope that it will majestically materialise back in front of me just before Christmas 2020. 

12 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

There's only 2 Christmas films - It's a Wonderful Life and The Muppet Christmas Carol, although The Nightmare Before Christmas almost makes it in.

Das Boot 

The Great escape 

And 

Porridge 

I'm a Happy boy..... In reality it'll trolls,, barbie does Ken at Xmas AGAIN and Mr tumbles Xmas.... I'm not even sure if that one's real but he'll be there sometime lol