forums software upgrade

eFestivals

There's a new major(ish) version of the forums software, which will be installed sometime in the next 24 hours. The forums will offline while it's installed, hopefully just for around 20 minutes.

For details of the new features and enhancements see here.

Because there's a new layout I think the forum skins will need to be recreated, although hopefully the existing skins will work in the meantime. If they won't then the forums will have to be offline while the new skins are created.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience while this happens.

I’m on a different forum which uses the same software. The admin in charge ran into a few difficulties and that site was down for a few days over the weekend. 

I’ve not had a full look at the new features yet but it looks nice and shiny once it’s all up and running. 

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m on a different forum which uses the same software. The admin in charge ran into a few difficulties and that site was down for a few days over the weekend. 

that's not going to happen here. :) 

The templates will be created on a test install, and the upgrade won't happen until that's been done.

That might take a while tho, as I'm currently limited in the hours I'm able to work - so everything depends on how quickly I figure things out.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The upgrade has been carried out, I hope you like the changes.

The first problem I've found is that the menu isn't displaying at the top right when using the mobile view. I'll try to sort that asap.

Please let me know if you discover any issues.

Love it, great work as someone said, it feels fresh but familiar.

One minor thing I have noticed is on my Mac the up vote and down vote logos are covered in a black circle. Dont know whether that is just me but yeah. eFestivals has had a face lift!

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

One minor thing I have noticed is on my Mac the up vote and down vote logos are covered in a black circle. Dont know whether that is just me.

it's not doing that on my PC or my tablet and isn't anything I've altered, so my first guess is that it's you.

Please try clearing your browser cache

• 2 weeks later...