BST 2021

SDSM

10 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

I had an email today from Ents24 listing various tours, including a link for Nile Rodgers & Chic which included a number of summer 2021 dates including BST on 11 July.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/chic-featuring-nile-rodgers?utm_content=HotTickets&UID=1747954&referer=newsletter2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter2&utm_campaign=weekly

These generic emails don't mean anything. 

Last year a tonne of events were 'going ahead' until they were cancelled or postponed.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

These generic emails don't mean anything. 

Last year a tonne of events were 'going ahead' until they were cancelled or postponed.

I was responding to Crimson King's post:  "Heard a whisper that they aren’t currently moving the dates / changing the line up announced, and Sept is only a back up plan." 

Having heard nothing about it for ages, it was interesting for it to resurface now, particularly as it concerns a non-UK artist.

1 minute ago, Damsonz said:

I was responding to Crimson King's post:  "Heard a whisper that they aren’t currently moving the dates / changing the line up announced, and Sept is only a back up plan." 

Having heard nothing about it for ages, it was interesting for it to resurface now, particularly as it concerns a non-UK artist.

I hear you I just think Ents24 isn't discriminatory about what they send out and probably just some unpaid intern and no thought given as to the content. One of the other dates included is for early June for example, before the end of the roadmap.

Yes, well, no need to pour cold water over it.  Most of us are wanting to be optimistic, we need something to look forward to.

Personally I don't mind if it's moved to September, I am just looking for positive signs that we might still get some overseas artists. 

26 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Yes, well, no need to pour cold water over it.  Most of us are wanting to be optimistic, we need something to look forward to.

Personally I don't mind if it's moved to September, I am just looking for positive signs that we might still get some overseas artists. 

Isn't it better than to be realistic, than overly optimistic and then disappointed?

If BST happens in July (and that in of itself is unlikely), it won't happen with Nile Rodgers, Pearl Jam etc.

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Isn't it better than to be realistic, than overly optimistic and then disappointed?

If BST happens in July (and that in of itself is unlikely), it won't happen with Nile Rodgers, Pearl Jam etc.

Pretty sure Nile is, at least partially, UK based at this point. Hence it's not that big a surprise that he's been announced for quite a few UK summer events in the past couple weeks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Yeah Nile has a place in London and seems to not say no to any booking, so even if BST doesn't go ahead Chic will definitely be doing the rounds this summer at various open air gigs/festivals.

I stand corrected on this as thought he lived in the States.

Still think Hyde Park is a massive event and early July looks too optimistic.

4 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Article on the BBC website about what they consider to be happening this summer. BST is listed, mentions PJ will be playing but whether that’s actual fact is questionable is still open to debate IMO

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56251016

All festivals are going ahead utillthrey say they're not. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

All festivals are going ahead utillthrey say they're not. 

Completely agree and appreciate that, the reason I shared the information was to show there is more than one news source suggesting it will go ahead. Likewise, I also appreciate realistically there is a question mark behind them, given the current climate. With the PJ dates the most questionable [imo] I really want it to go ahead, if it’s safe and the risk to everyone is reduced. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 1:17 PM, The Crimson King said:

At the moment BST is staying in July. 

Just wish there was some form of official confirmation. I was reading an article in my local news about festivals being cancelled (in general), due to issues with insurance and how organisers have been lobbying government to underwrite the arrangements like parts of Europe have. 

3 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Just wish there was some form of official confirmation. I was reading an article in my local news about festivals being cancelled (in general), due to issues with insurance and how organisers have been lobbying government to underwrite the arrangements like parts of Europe have. 

From what I hear it’ll stay put right up until the point it can’t. BST are in a position to possibly be the first big event after corona, got to stick with that if they can. 

And if it doesn’t work, there’s always September! 

34 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

From what I hear it’ll stay put right up until the point it can’t. BST are in a position to possibly be the first big event after corona, got to stick with that if they can. 

And if it doesn’t work, there’s always September! 

Ok thanks for the information. I’m just eager to book hotels, and mindful of having the expense if it’s pushed back and means I can pay for them another time. If that makes sense.  

8 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Ok thanks for the information. I’m just eager to book hotels, and mindful of having the expense if it’s pushed back and means I can pay for them another time. If that makes sense.  

I wouldn't waste your money booking a hotel for this year for BST

8 hours ago, Matt1976 said:

Can you not just choose a ‘free cancellation’ option hotel on booking.com?