Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

True, but set against that:

- I don't expect 50somethings (the target demographic) to have been vaccinated by then. There will some nervousness about mass events.

- Unemployment will be up considerably. An expensive day out if you are out of work.

I would expect most of them to have been vaccinated by June.

Affordability is a good point, but otoh some people will have actually saved money because of not going out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pearl Jam - Superblood Wolfmoon

@Brave Sir Robin has duckworth rescheduled? 

A Wolf at the Door... Radiohead confirmed! 😉

12 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

I would expect most of them to have been vaccinated by June.

Affordability is a good point, but otoh some people will have actually saved money because of not going out.

I don't know. There are about 24 million people over 50.

And it takes two doses a month apart.

They're talking 4 million a month which is what it would take to get to the 50somethings by the time of BST but that seems crazily ambitious to me.  We've failed to hit all our other targets. And there may be supply problems.

I'd expect the 50-59 group to still be unvaccinated by then on that basis - but it is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Damsonz said:

I would expect most of them to have been vaccinated by June.

Affordability is a good point, but otoh some people will have actually saved money because of not going out.

I would expect a fair chunk of that demographic to be done by then too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:14 PM, xxialac said:

True, but set against that:

- I don't expect 50somethings (the target demographic) to have been vaccinated by then. There will some nervousness about mass events.

- Unemployment will be up considerably. An expensive day out if you are out of work.

I assumed both of these will problems in and of themselves, given that there'll still be residual issues with people being unsure about being in a big crowd even after being vaccinated (to say nothing of the train/bus there) and there's still going to be a shitload of economic blowback. But that's predicting the future, and who this time last year would've guessed we'd have a quasi-apocalyptic year in the interim.

I'll admit it shows how out of the loop I am that I'm not sure who might be doing the rounds. I assumed Pearl Jam doing 2 events means its likelier to lean towards pop acts for the first weekend, even if I'm aware Muse and the Chili Peppers are among those on the road next summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any rumours re. support beyond Pixies/Idles? I wanted Pixies but the Ten Club tickets had sold out for that day so I went for the Idles (Sat) but am hoping there will be something good below them as I like the idea of the Idles but not so much the sound of them. Asumming it's on. please let it be on..

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Any rumours re. support beyond Pixies/Idles? I wanted Pixies but the Ten Club tickets had sold out for that day so I went for the Idles (Sat) but am hoping there will be something good below them as I like the idea of the Idles but not so much the sound of them. Asumming it's on. please let it be on..

White Reaper were on the support bill this year for all Pearl Jam shows and they're playing Lollapalooza Stockholm so them, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, xxialac said:

We'll see. 1 million people a week is a shedload of people...

That is the kind of numbers they are talking about hitting by next month. 300000 plus in second week is fairly impressive in itself. The issue I think will come when first jabs are continuing and second rounds begin in terms of supply though it sounds like the Oxford vaccine will get approval by year end

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Oxford vaccine ready for deployment from Monday, and they are aiming to ramp it up beyond one million a week once they get going.  I don't think the decision to delay the second jab is a problem, as this is apparently seen more as a booster to prolong immunity rather than increase it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Damsonz said:

Oxford vaccine ready for deployment from Monday, and they are aiming to ramp it up beyond one million a week once they get going.  I don't think the decision to delay the second jab is a problem, as this is apparently seen more as a booster to prolong immunity rather than increase it.

This government 'aims' for a lot of things, which it then almost universally fails to achieve.

I'm still sceptical (but hope I'm wrong).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Not saying it's wrong but the 1975s decision is to cancel all international touring and concentrate on a new album. It could just as much be an infrastructure thing because of how they want the shows to work and thinking in the circumstances they can't commit to spending the money required at this stage 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...