BST 2021

SDSM

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

"Friday 8th will feature special guests Pixies, whilst Saturday 9th July will welcome a new guest artist to be announced - as well as full supporting lineups."

Idles out then... interesting

Mad Cool was the same weekend so they could have been booked for that instead.

I know it was always likely to happen but I was hoping that when Mad Cool eventually gets cancelled, I could buy Pearl Jam tickets. I guess with the Pixies confirmed for next year at BST they are likely to be at Mad Cool in 2022 aswell.

4 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Reading this again carefully I wonder if there is still scope for a BST event maybe in September.

They say it won’t happen in July 2021 and with Pearl Jam presumably binning their whole tour and Duran Duran playing Isle of Wight it makes sense to move the whole lot of that weekend to next year.

However it doesn’t explicitly say nothing will happen this year. Is it possible they could put something on in September possibly dove-tailing with the proposed September Glastonbury shows?

Just a thought.

9 minutes ago, John L said:

Reading this again carefully I wonder if there is still scope for a BST event maybe in September.

They say it won’t happen in July 2021 and with Pearl Jam presumably binning their whole tour and Duran Duran playing Isle of Wight it makes sense to move the whole lot of that weekend to next year.

However it doesn’t explicitly say nothing will happen this year. Is it possible they could put something on in September possibly dove-tailing with the proposed September Glastonbury shows?

Just a thought.

Don't see it happening really, nor in their statement.

It only makes sense to run the site if they have many days of events.

And worse, they'd have to start all over again with ticket sales.

• 2 months later...