BST 2021

SDSM

1 minute ago, Sean1234321 said:

I wasn't really doubting they'd ever play BST, just more at the suggestion of them being available on a whim so BST can say they have a big British band playing.

If Radiohead tour and BST fits in with that then of course they'd do it....as someone said they have played countless festivals all over the world for many years now.

Ah fair dues, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Maximousmillian said:

I've booked tickets for the 9, 10, 11th July for the first time. After doing a bit more research looks like there's normally extra dates. Will this be the case for this year too. And are there any rumours of artists that might be joining the lineup? 

Honestly we have no idea. Normally it is two weekends, but there's rumours it'll be moving to September so who knows anymore. Last year it was supposed to be Post Malone, Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Duran Duran, Little Mix and Pearl Jam, but I doubt it'll be the same this year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Maximousmillian said:

I've booked tickets for the 9, 10, 11th July for the first time. After doing a bit more research looks like there's normally extra dates. Will this be the case for this year too. And are there any rumours of artists that might be joining the lineup? 

I wouldn't rely on those dates.

And I wouldn't rely on the current lineup.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Sean1234321 said:

I wasn't really doubting they'd ever play BST, just more at the suggestion of them being available on a whim so BST can say they have a big British band playing.

If Radiohead tour and BST fits in with that then of course they'd do it....as someone said they have played countless festivals all over the world for many years now.

Totally agree it’s pie in the sky. But there’s connections between the band and AEG, and I can see them trying to pull off something special.

It’s more likely Thom Yorke will do APE, but I would suspect a one off show from a large UK band that don’t have any other shows. 

31 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Totally agree it’s pie in the sky. But there’s connections between the band and AEG, and I can see them trying to pull off something special.

It’s more likely Thom Yorke will do APE, but I would suspect a one off show from a large UK band that don’t have any other shows. 

Thom definitely won't be doing APE now as he's cancelled his tour.

3 hours ago, Loveboatcaptain said:

As someone else said there is absolutely no chance Pearl Jam come to play BST as a stand alone gig, or as a UK tour. The band will take the safety first approach for them, their crew and the fans. Eddie has all but confirmed the Gigaton tour will start in Australia 

I would guess that it goes like this: Aussie winter 21/22 - summer Europe 2022 - autumn US 2022 & Ohana & Sea.Hear.Fest

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Isle of Wight moving to September, said they're "We're aiming to bring back as many of the artists as we can".

They shared Duran Duran with BST so maybe more evidence that BST will be moving

Was about to post the same. 

17 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Haha, fair dues.

Germany cancelling gigs / shows.... No chance.. Wife said some one heard Eddie say that the band are going nowhere till its safe...... Maybe next year old son 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Germany cancelling gigs / shows.... No chance.. Wife said some one heard Eddie say that the band are going nowhere till its safe...... Maybe next year old son 

I actually think they will do a couple of shows in September...but no PJ.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

I had an email today from Ents24 listing various tours, including a link for Nile Rodgers & Chic which included a number of summer 2021 dates including BST on 11 July.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/chic-featuring-nile-rodgers?utm_content=HotTickets&UID=1747954&referer=newsletter2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter2&utm_campaign=weekly

Edited by Damsonz