BST 2021

SDSM

12 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Hearing a rumour that BST are earmarking a move to September for this to give more breathing space. 

Oh interesting; suppose it would be easier than most to move dates. Wonder who would play though; can't imagine Pearl Jam doing it. Feel like it might be mostly British acts, possibly co-headline shows?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

37 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Oh interesting; suppose it would be easier than most to move dates. Wonder who would play though; can't imagine Pearl Jam doing it. Feel like it might be mostly British acts, possibly co-headline shows?

It’s telling that they’ve still only announced two headliners for the bill. There’s other Hyde Park shows that happen in September such as BBC Radio 2 and Party In The Park so it’s not out of the question. It could mean that BST only does one weekend and not two. 

2 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

Just earmarked for now. I think BST are seeing September as a PLAN B. I don’t think local residents will allow two weekends though for September and so I imagine this takes the place of BBC2 and PITP. 

Got it.

In my view there is almost zero chance for July so they should abandon it as their Plan A. It's just too soon to have a very large packed crowd plus bands would be nervous to commit to travelling then so no touring so no show.

But September could be a go, grounds to be reasonably optimistic.

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

Got it.

In my view there is almost zero chance for July so they should abandon it as their Plan A. It's just too soon to have a very large packed crowd plus bands would be nervous to commit to travelling then so no touring so no show.

But September could be a go, grounds to be reasonably optimistic.

Yeah, and it seems like a few other festivals may be moving to September too, so would make sense to follow because probably means more bands touring.

17 hours ago, RaphPH said:

Just earmarked for now. I think BST are seeing September as a PLAN B. I don’t think local residents will allow two weekends though for September and so I imagine this takes the place of BBC2 and PITP. 

At this point, I'd be happy with just one BST weekend. Better than nothing really. Only confirmed act I can see returning is Duran Duran... hope they'll have some nice surprises though

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah, and it seems like a few other festivals may be moving to September too, so would make sense to follow because probably means more bands touring.

At this point, I'd be happy with just one BST weekend. Better than nothing really. Only confirmed act I can see returning is Duran Duran... hope they'll have some nice surprises though

They'd surely need to change the name to BAT

(which is a really unfortunate name post-Wuhan...)

Edited by xxialac

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Heard the Sept move is still likely after the roadmap release. 
Guessing no PJ, probably Duran Duran / Little Mix or Dua Lipa.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they pull out a Coldplay / Radiohead or Rolling Stones show. Big British act to celebrate with. 

Don’t see why PJ couldn’t play September. Pixies play EOTR first weekend in September and Idles don’t seem to have anything lined up so that could be done. They were the only names announced IIRC

If PJ are gonna reschedule the Euro tour (and 99,9% they will) they will reschedule all. 

Not gonna come for BST only in '21. 

That's just how it is. 

And if BST will play legal card on them... they will pay and never work with the festival again (same story as Mad Cool). Not worth is for BST. 

5 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Heard the Sept move is still likely after the roadmap release. 
Guessing no PJ, probably Duran Duran / Little Mix or Dua Lipa.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they pull out a Coldplay / Radiohead or Rolling Stones show. Big British act to celebrate with. 

Was thinking the same on the big British act. Coldplay with the full show and wristbands would be amazing. Muse perhaps too?

2 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

Lol at thinking Radiohead are a band some festival can just wheel out whenever they want.

In fairness, Radiohead had been planning on playing in 2021 and they've played some festivals in recent past that are just as soulless as BST, presumably as they met their fee demands.

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't think they'll play either but it's really not far-fetched at all.

They were heavily rumoured to play BST on their last tour.

I wasn't really doubting they'd ever play BST, just more at the suggestion of them being available on a whim so BST can say they have a big British band playing.

If Radiohead tour and BST fits in with that then of course they'd do it....as someone said they have played countless festivals all over the world for many years now.

• Like 1