BST 2021

SDSM

12 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

I would expect most of them to have been vaccinated by June.

Affordability is a good point, but otoh some people will have actually saved money because of not going out.

I don't know. There are about 24 million people over 50.

And it takes two doses a month apart.

They're talking 4 million a month which is what it would take to get to the 50somethings by the time of BST but that seems crazily ambitious to me.  We've failed to hit all our other targets. And there may be supply problems.

I'd expect the 50-59 group to still be unvaccinated by then on that basis - but it is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 2:14 PM, xxialac said:

True, but set against that:

- I don't expect 50somethings (the target demographic) to have been vaccinated by then. There will some nervousness about mass events.

- Unemployment will be up considerably. An expensive day out if you are out of work.

I assumed both of these will problems in and of themselves, given that there'll still be residual issues with people being unsure about being in a big crowd even after being vaccinated (to say nothing of the train/bus there) and there's still going to be a shitload of economic blowback. But that's predicting the future, and who this time last year would've guessed we'd have a quasi-apocalyptic year in the interim.

I'll admit it shows how out of the loop I am that I'm not sure who might be doing the rounds. I assumed Pearl Jam doing 2 events means its likelier to lean towards pop acts for the first weekend, even if I'm aware Muse and the Chili Peppers are among those on the road next summer.

Any rumours re. support beyond Pixies/Idles? I wanted Pixies but the Ten Club tickets had sold out for that day so I went for the Idles (Sat) but am hoping there will be something good below them as I like the idea of the Idles but not so much the sound of them. Asumming it's on. please let it be on..

47 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Any rumours re. support beyond Pixies/Idles? I wanted Pixies but the Ten Club tickets had sold out for that day so I went for the Idles (Sat) but am hoping there will be something good below them as I like the idea of the Idles but not so much the sound of them. Asumming it's on. please let it be on..

White Reaper were on the support bill this year for all Pearl Jam shows and they're playing Lollapalooza Stockholm so them, at least.

On 12/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, xxialac said:

We'll see. 1 million people a week is a shedload of people...

That is the kind of numbers they are talking about hitting by next month. 300000 plus in second week is fairly impressive in itself. The issue I think will come when first jabs are continuing and second rounds begin in terms of supply though it sounds like the Oxford vaccine will get approval by year end

• 2 weeks later...

Oxford vaccine ready for deployment from Monday, and they are aiming to ramp it up beyond one million a week once they get going.  I don't think the decision to delay the second jab is a problem, as this is apparently seen more as a booster to prolong immunity rather than increase it.

5 hours ago, Damsonz said:

Oxford vaccine ready for deployment from Monday, and they are aiming to ramp it up beyond one million a week once they get going.  I don't think the decision to delay the second jab is a problem, as this is apparently seen more as a booster to prolong immunity rather than increase it.

This government 'aims' for a lot of things, which it then almost universally fails to achieve.

I'm still sceptical (but hope I'm wrong).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not saying it's wrong but the 1975s decision is to cancel all international touring and concentrate on a new album. It could just as much be an infrastructure thing because of how they want the shows to work and thinking in the circumstances they can't commit to spending the money required at this stage 

9 minutes ago, atomised said:

I'm still thinking smaller festivals or single day events have a lot more time to make a decision. Glastonbury start their build so early. Others don't have that to deal with. Maybe I'm just an optimist

I hope you're right, but i guess the issue is that often the headliners for BST are headliners at other fests too, so if other fests start cancelling, then the acts may just pull their tour entirely. There's already that rumour that Pearl Jam are postponing their tour to next year...

13 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I hope you're right, but i guess the issue is that often the headliners for BST are headliners at other fests too, so if other fests start cancelling, then the acts may just pull their tour entirely. There's already that rumour that Pearl Jam are postponing their tour to next year...

That’s my worry too. Hopefully they can just get Coldplay or muse or people like that to fill gaps 

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That‘s the point and that‘s the reason it won‘t happen in 2021.