BST 2021

SDSM

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hi everyone I can’t find my old post to reference back but someone told me a while ago that PJ, Duran Duran, and Little Mix had all rescheduled/ were the first to commit again to doing BST.

So yeah looks like BST is trying it’s best to mirror 2020.

Kendrick Lamar is in Europe next year also 

So expecting him to reschedule

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Two questions:

1) This year, was there going to be a headliner for the first Friday and they just hadn't gotten around to announcing it yet?

2) Who do we think Pearl Jam have replaced with their second show?

Post Malone won’t be back so him perhaps?

I guess Little Mix might be out too as one of them has left. Though that never stopped the Sugababes.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, xxialac said:

Grace Jones a massive upgrade for me. 

Easily one of the top 10 performers I've ever seen.

Without a doubt.  I saw her at the little Blackheath festival last year and managed to get second row.  She is a goddess.

Just booked for the Duran Duran show, largely influenced by the presence of Grace, although we won't get anywhere near this time. 

6 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Without a doubt.  I saw her at the little Blackheath festival last year and managed to get second row.  She is a goddess.

Just booked for the Duran Duran show, largely influenced by the presence of Grace, although we won't get anywhere near this time. 

Ha! I was in about the third row for that gig! Wasn't hard to get to the front - opposite of BST!

• Like 1

Maybe, but everyone's been starved of live music events this year, so that will probably fetch a lot of people out.  And following the vaccine announcements, there is going to be more confidence that this event will happen.

Edited by Damsonz
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Do we think these will go to £2.50? 

As much as I think it's a fun day, don't think Grace Jones or Nils Rodgers shifts many tickets any more through ubiquitousness and whilst DD have a decent demographic that will pay, they probably can't sell all the tickets by themselves.

I don't think theyve done £2.50 tickets for a while... maybe there'll be some discounts, or 2 for 1 perhaps. But £2.50 is a bit much

9 minutes ago, Damsonz said:

Maybe, but everyone's been starved of live music events this year, so that will probably fetch a lot of people out.  And following the vaccine announcements, there is going to be more confidence that this event will happen.

True, but set against that:

- I don't expect 50somethings (the target demographic) to have been vaccinated by then. There will some nervousness about mass events.

- Unemployment will be up considerably. An expensive day out if you are out of work.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

True, but set against that:

- I don't expect 50somethings (the target demographic) to have been vaccinated by then. There will some nervousness about mass events.

- Unemployment will be up considerably. An expensive day out if you are out of work.

I would expect most of them to have been vaccinated by June.

Affordability is a good point, but otoh some people will have actually saved money because of not going out.