Neighbourhood Weekender 2021

Jack.194

2 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah figured that would be the case - would look to a nearby city but issue would be getting back after the headliner. 

Biggreencoach might be a good option, 26 return from Manchester. Its an option im thinking of doing. 

27 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Only problem is no camping, anyone been before and can fill me in on the nearby hotel situation? 

Plenty return buses run from Manchester/Liverpool. Makes it pretty easy to get to and from. We always stay in Manchester, plenty decent hotel prices.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not long to go now until Neighbourhood Weekender! 

Anyone else here going for a day/the weekend? 

Pale Waves have dropped out, guessing due to travel restrictions, with a 'Very Special Guest TBC' for Saturday Main Stage - who's your money on for this slot?

Got a feeling it would be Vaccines as they seem to be popping up everywhere this summer.

1 hour ago, KesyerSoze21 said:

Pale Waves have dropped out, guessing due to travel restrictions, with a 'Very Special Guest TBC' for Saturday Main Stage - who's your money on for this slot?

Got a feeling it would be Vaccines as they seem to be popping up everywhere this summer.

Very much looking forward to it - I doing the Saturday and Sunday. I'd be able to fill a weekend twice over - lineup is right up my street! 

Not sure on the guest but the wording does point towards a solo performer. I was wondering if it might be Liam Fray 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Very much looking forward to it - I doing the Saturday and Sunday. I'd be able to fill a weekend twice over - lineup is right up my street! 

Not sure on the guest but the wording does point towards a solo performer. I was wondering if it might be Liam Fray 

Was hoping it might be SLP but that sounds a bit more likely, some line up for me on the Saturday no matter who it is.

31 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Was hoping it might be SLP but that sounds a bit more likely, some line up for me on the Saturday no matter who it is.

If they care about their PR they should really be replacing Pale Waves with a female act- so could be someone like Beabadoobee who's got a gig in Manchester that following week, or Arlo Parks perhaps. But from the lineup I don't think they care about the equality side of things so I'm sticking with my Liam Fray prediction, based on nothing at all

Edited by efcfanwirral

20 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If they care about their PR they should really be replacing Pale Waves with a female act- so could be someone like Beabadoobee who's got a gig in Manchester that following week, or Arlo Parks perhaps. But from the lineup I don't think they care about the equality side of things so I'm sticking with my Liam Fray prediction, based on nothing at all

Well, we will soon find out, agreed that a female special guest would be a better shout to redress the balance a bit.

5 hours ago, KesyerSoze21 said:

The Vaccines only did Latitude - also interesting to note this will be Catfish's last ever show if they break up which is looking semi-possible.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I thought the break up rumour was debunked as just some administrative stuff to do with the tax year?

I don't buy it (both the break up and the sun!) but the Sun had it a few days ago so people were talking about it again. I'm sure they will say on Friday night at reading

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't buy it (both the break up and the sun!) but the Sun had it a few days ago so people were talking about it again. I'm sure they will say on Friday night at reading

Its a bit weird that they’ve not posted on social media since the day the reading line up dropped almost a year ago tbf. You’d think they’d be hyping up their headline slot. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Its a bit weird that they’ve not posted on social media since the day the reading line up dropped almost a year ago tbf. You’d think they’d be hyping up their headline slot. 

they are pretty weird on social media honestly. maybe theres been something on one of the member's instagrams or instagram stories

17 hours ago, gfa said:

The Vaccines only did Latitude - also interesting to note this will be Catfish's last ever show if they break up which is looking semi-possible.

More referring to the big number of short-notice shows etc Vaccines are doing.

They did have a big slot at Neighbourhood Wknd a few years ago didn't they, not sure if that makes any difference with this being 4th down. 

Disappointed with the small clash between Wombats and Sea Girls (should see most of both though), and Sundara Karma seriously overlapping with Wombats is a shame (but was expecting that from like day one). Have tickets for the Saturday but thinking we'll just do the Sunday after all the drop outs now. 

Doing Saturday/Sunday at Leeds this weekend so not sure my wallet can handle back to back double festival weekends either. 

Just the Saturday for us this year. Gutted The Coral and The Snuts clash,  in my opinion Coral Island is the album of the year. Not sure how much they will play off it though with the really short set time. 
I think Jake Bugg is nailed on for the special guest slot. Recently had a new album out and did secret sets at Reading & Leeds at the weekend. 

Let’s hope this half decent weather holds out for the weekend.

Buzzing for this even more now. Wombats and Catfish were sort of ruined for us at Leeds due to having a shite spot, so will have to scope out a good place to make up for that.

Still gutted that Sea Girls and Wombats overlap, will have to miss loads of Sea Girls set in order to get good spot for Wombats cause second stage is miles from main stage. 

Should be a great day!

19 hours ago, Chipbarm said:

Just the Saturday for us this year. Gutted The Coral and The Snuts clash,  in my opinion Coral Island is the album of the year. Not sure how much they will play off it though with the really short set time. 
I think Jake Bugg is nailed on for the special guest slot. Recently had a new album out and did secret sets at Reading & Leeds at the weekend. 

Let’s hope this half decent weather holds out for the weekend.

Good shout for Jake Bugg to be the very special guest for Saturday. If not him, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tom Grennan as he also did R&L and has played this before. 

Agreed on Coral and Snuts clash. I saw Snuts at Latitude so that makes the decision for me. 

Anyone heading into Liverpool after the festival? Struggling to find any indie club nights on Friday night. Thought there would be an afterparty of sorts. 

Edited by KesyerSoze21