Neighbourhood Weekender 2021

Jack.194

13 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Couldn’t find a thread for this.

Considering going for the first time this year, does anyone know when it usually sells out?

Just depends on the lineup. The first year it sold out instantly but hasn’t since.

Also, anyone know what the big announcement is tomorrow, I thought the lineup was already out?

33 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Just depends on the lineup. The first year it sold out instantly but hasn’t since.

Also, anyone know what the big announcement is tomorrow, I thought the lineup was already out?

Thanks, looking to buy my ticket around Christmas time to fingers crossed it doesn’t sell out till after then.

I think because they had to switch around a lot of the lineup when the rescheduled, it’ll be just populating the lineup with a few more acts - can’t see it being that big of an announcement, although they are hyping it up.

5 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Thanks, looking to buy my ticket around Christmas time to fingers crossed it doesn’t sell out till after then.

I think because they had to switch around a lot of the lineup when the rescheduled, it’ll be just populating the lineup with a few more acts - can’t see it being that big of an announcement, although they are hyping it up.

You should be fine, tickets have been on sale for about a year now and still hasn’t sold out.

• Upvote 1

That is a big surprise! Very interested to see who gets added. I know Fontaines DC were removed from the original lineup (just before their tour was announced). Maybe them below someone, though no idea who. 

Saw a couple of FB comments suggesting Gerry Cinnamon - I hope not but there are very few this festival would get that would make me not want to go (though he is one of them!)

Courteeners to avoid the liability of putting on their own big gig perhaps? 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

That is a big surprise! Very interested to see who gets added. I know Fontaines DC were removed from the original lineup (just before their tour was announced). Maybe them below someone, though no idea who. 

Saw a couple of FB comments suggesting Gerry Cinnamon - I hope not but there are very few this festival would get that would make me not want to go (though he is one of them!)

Courteeners to avoid the liability of putting on their own big gig perhaps? 

Courteeners/Gerry/Libertines, think it’ll be one of those 3 tbh

7 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

5F13B136-FF03-42C0-92A3-0A36714623F9.jpeg

I'd do the Friday and leave before Gerry comes on but not sure the girlfriend fancies paying the extra just so I can see the Zutons which is fair enough!

So strange going to a festival where I like almost all of the artists apart from the headliners. I'm sure if our conspiracy loving friend plays a couple of Stone Roses songs on the Saturday that'll be good but I have no idea what the chances of hearing anything other than 15 minutes of Fools Gold stinking the place out is though...

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'd do the Friday and leave before Gerry comes on but not sure the girlfriend fancies paying the extra just so I can see the Zutons which is fair enough!

So strange going to a festival where I like almost all of the artists apart from the headliners. I'm sure if our conspiracy loving friend plays a couple of Stone Roses songs on the Saturday that'll be good but I have no idea what the chances of hearing anything other than 15 minutes of Fools Gold stinking the place out is though...

Ian Brown has quite a few hits without having to dig into the Stone Roses catalogue. Pretty good ones too!

Shame there’s no camping, Sunday is mega (Catfish, Wombats, Sea Girls is a dream festival run for me and my missus), don’t care for Ian Brown but decent undercard in Fender, Pale Waves and Love Fame on Saturday. Don’t like Gerry but would happily be there Friday for Circa Waves. 

Problem is having to either travel there and back 3 times or get hotel nearby which I can’t be arsed with, so just going Sunday. If it was a  camping festival I’d do the whole weekend, better lineup for my tastes I won’t see all year, it’s basically dark fruits the festival. 

12 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Shame there’s no camping, Sunday is mega (Catfish, Wombats, Sea Girls is a dream festival run for me and my missus), don’t care for Ian Brown but decent undercard in Fender, Pale Waves and Love Fame on Saturday. Don’t like Gerry but would happily be there Friday for Circa Waves. 

Problem is having to either travel there and back 3 times or get hotel nearby which I can’t be arsed with, so just going Sunday. If it was a  camping festival I’d do the whole weekend, better lineup for my tastes I won’t see all year, it’s basically dark fruits the festival. 

Yeah it's a difficult one - I've been both other times but it wasnt easy back to Manchester or Wirral. Luckily ended up moving really close so it'll be a taxi home now!

Though just checked trains and its like a 20 min walk to bank quay and a 10 minute train back if we leave before Gerry Cinnamon so will probably do the Friday for those other 4 + sounds like Jake Bugg accidentally leaked too - that's well worth the extra £25 on a regular weekend ticket. 

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ian Brown has quite a few hits without having to dig into the Stone Roses catalogue. Pretty good ones too!

I quite like Time is My Everything - but really really dislike the ones that I hear on radio (FEAR and Stellify). Will give him another try beforehand as it could be a pretty painful 90 minutes otherwise 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I quite like Time is My Everything - but really really dislike the ones that I hear on radio (FEAR and Stellify). Will give him another try beforehand as it could be a pretty painful 90 minutes otherwise 

Oh. Those are two of the ones I was labelling 'pretty good' so you might be alright to carry on without.

4 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

It's bloody not. I drink dark fruits and would not attend the festival. 

• 5 months later...

This has actually made my year. Was so worried this would be outright cancelled or have the lineup changed.

Like I said above, sea girls, wombats, catfish is a dream run for me and the missus. Please let this be fourth time lucky. 

Actually tempted for all 3 days now - Circa Waves, Pale Waves, Love Fame Tragedy and Sam Fender would justify the cost easy.

Only problem is no camping, anyone been before and can fill me in on the nearby hotel situation? 

9 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Only problem is no camping, anyone been before and can fill me in on the nearby hotel situation? 

There isn't much choice, certainly within walking distance. You will probably looking at the more pricey options now.