Whose your local band?

squirrelarmy

Had to look it up - turns out the Stones were discovered locally and Jeff beck was born/raised in the area, and actually lived-in the road of the first house I remember living in. Quite relieved as until then I was going to have to go with Bradley from S Club 7

Edited by DJL

10 hours ago, DJL said:

Had to look it up - turns out the Stones were discovered locally and Jeff beck was born/raised in the area, and actually lived-in the road of the first house I remember living in. Quite relieved as until then I was going to have to go with Bradley from S Club 7

Jeff Beck used to sometimes drink in my old local in Farnborough, after he hooked up with and then married a local 'page 3' model.

And Mega City Four used to drink in the pub (now a McD's) just down the road from that one.

After thinking mine was going to be fairly poor with moany -arse James Arthur and Chris Rea I then did some research and it appears David Coverdale of Deep Purple, and then Whitesnake, was born in the next village to where I grew up.

Now living between Reigate and Crawley the best I can think of is Newton Faulkner (Reigate) and The Cure (Crawley). 

On 9/7/2020 at 9:01 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Edinburgh is fairly sparse as well, though I can see the Pentland hills out the window at the minute and Boards of Canada are probably up there somewhere.

As someone originally from Glasgow I think you are doing Edinburgh a disservice. 

• The Proclaimers, 
  • Finlay Quaye
  • Josef K
  • Fish
  • KT Tunstall
  • Edwin Collins
  • Mike Scott/Waterboys
  • Shirley Manson
  • Steve Mason/The Beta Band
  • Young Fathers
  • The Rezillos
  • and of course The Bay City Rollers

A spice girl, duran duran lead singer, lower than atlantis, KSI, rak-su (xfactor winners) and george fitzgerald. -- bit all over the place really for watford. I am actually closer to st albans though which has Friendly Fires and Enter Shikari so i'll claim that instead

2 hours ago, Cherry Tree said:

As someone originally from Glasgow I think you are doing Edinburgh a disservice. 

• The Proclaimers, 
  • Finlay Quaye
  • Josef K
  • Fish
  • KT Tunstall
  • Edwin Collins
  • Mike Scott/Waterboys
  • Shirley Manson
  • Steve Mason/The Beta Band
  • Young Fathers
  • The Rezillos
  • and of course The Bay City Rollers

An absolute binfire compared to Glasgow, but then not really surprising for a city with fewer venues than Pyongyang.

As an 18 year old I drank in the same boozer as Jim Prime from the keys in Deacon Blue.

Still remember sitting beside him in the bar after work one Thursday  when they came on TOTP on the pub tv.  Until that moment I had naively assumed it was “live”. 

Decent bloke he was. My young sis was a big fan and he sorted out loads of signed stuff for her 👍

Edited by Comfy Bean

On 9/11/2020 at 4:33 PM, gfa said:

A spice girl, duran duran lead singer, lower than atlantis, KSI, rak-su (xfactor winners) and george fitzgerald. -- bit all over the place really for watford. I am actually closer to st albans though which has Friendly Fires and Enter Shikari so i'll claim that instead

I went with Watford, but I'm from Borehamwood. Not far from you!

I live in Bootle. There's a small hospital, just up the road in, Litherland. It used to be a venue, of sorts. The Beatles used to play there when they first started out.

One day, 2 years ago, I went to get an ECG there. I found they were choc-a-bloc, so had to go somewhere else. But I was convinced it was full, because everyone was a Beatles fan.

I had lost out in the rush!!