Whose your local band?

squirrelarmy

For real though, my actual hometown of Plymouth must be one of the larger cities in the UK to never have produced any musical artists of note. Just as I think we are the biggest city in the UK to never have had a team in the top flight of English football... although I am happy to stand corrected.

9 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Well, since we don’t really have postcodes, I guess I get to claim My Bloody Valentine, U2, Thin Lizzy and Fontaines DC (conveniently forgetting about Boyzone, Westlife et al.!)...

Sorry if you’re claiming U2 you’re also having Westlife. 

Surprised you didn’t claim The Coors though. 

Black Sabbath are from Aston, which is the area in Birmingham I'm from. Geezer Butler on twitter the other day put a photo of the pub the band first rehearsed in, and it was 100 metres from the house I grew up in. Hadn't seen or heard that before - and I went to their Home of Metal exhibition.

Chapterhouse 

Slowdive

the Hoosiers

the Amazons

Sundara Karma

Mike Oldfield and Kate Winslet (who was born on the road next to mine) could count as well

and of course Mr Tumble himself, Justin Fletcher 

Bonus points for Ricky Gervais?

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Puressence were on my door step, Mani is also from the same place. Reni was from round the corner. Hooky lived in Moston for a bit while Ian Curtis lived round the corner from my work in Chadderton. 808 state were from round our way as well.

These were on ones within spitting distance from my house. The Smiths, Oasis, New Order, Inspiral Carpets and loads more are from within 5 miles of where I live.

8 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

For real though, my actual hometown of Plymouth must be one of the larger cities in the UK to never have produced any musical artists of note. Just as I think we are the biggest city in the UK to never have had a team in the top flight of English football... although I am happy to stand corrected.

Is mad dog mcrea not from Plymouth? 

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 8:42 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm from Chelmsford, which I'm not sure has one, but Braintree just up the road so always claim Prodigy as mine a bit. And also bits of Blur for Colchester.

Or Olly Murs from Witham ….. I'm originally a Witham girl, born in Chelmsford. I'd claim Prodigy and Blur lol.....

Or Ratboy (sure I have seen him at a festival) - he;s from Chelmsford

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_Boy