Whose your local band?

squirrelarmy

Bobby Davro was my neighbour for a few years.

You Me At Six, met them a few times & one of their dad’s taught me how to restring & learn a bit of bass guitar.

Jamie T was in the year above at my best mates school.

Cliff Richard played tennis at my school, sounds weird but we had very good facilities so was often open at weekends & holidays. Lived round the corner from us very briefly.

Some of The Beatles lived in a private estate nearby but a long time ago.

Mates used to buy stuff off Alfie Allen when he lived with his sister Lily.

A bit further down the river is where Mystery Jets & someone from The Who has a studio, Eel Pie Island, pushing it a bit as local.

Edited by Bisque
Correcting factual info

Spoilt for choice but my fave scouse band are The Christians who I got into when I was 13.

Mad thing is met Henry (Priestman) last week to pick up some unplayed Christians vinyl from him as he was having a clear out as moving from Liverpool to Anglesey. 

If you would have told a 13 year old me that would happen it would have blown my mind !! 

14 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

The biggest local band would be The Beatles, but there are loads more: The La's, Echo and the Bunnymen, Elvis Costello, The Farm, The Lightening Seeds, Dead or Alive, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, The Teardrop Explodes and more. 

Then you have others like Cast, The Zutons, Circa Waves, The Wombats, Miles Kane etc. And new ones coming through like The Mysterines and Red Rum Club. 

Spoilt for musical choice!

Used to be able to claim these, then the Post Office changed us to a CH postcode. So probably The Coral and for newer bands The Mysterines. 

8 hours ago, faymondo said:

Spoilt for choice but my fave scouse band are The Christians who I got into when I was 13.

Mad thing is met Henry (Priestman) last week to pick up some unplayed Christians vinyl from him as he was having a clear out as moving from Liverpool to Anglesey. 

If you would have told a 13 year old me that would happen it would have blown my mind !! 

A couple years ago when I was trying to buy my first house I almost bought a house from a member of The Christians. I didn't meet him, just his wife - she mentioned the connection. Apparently they'd been living in an old stately home somewhere but wanted rid of this two bed in Garston to find somewhere more permanent for themselves.

I really liked the house, put an offer in an hour later. They accepted.. then accepted someone else with cash a few days later. The wife was very apologetic, told me everything that was wrong with the house to try and make me feel better... then a few months later when the sale fell through, contacted me to ask if I still wanted it 😂

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Beth Orton, Hannah Spearitt from S Club 7, Myleene Klass and Roger Taylor from Queen... quite the mix 

If we're allowed fictional characters too, I'm taking Glen Ponder and his house band 

I forgot about Beth, but did not know about the others! Roger from King's Lynn - who'd have thought it?!