When did you last go to a proper gig?

Ayrshire Chris

On 9/3/2020 at 6:38 PM, Wellyboot said:

I was lucky to have two in a row, went to see The 1975 in Nottingham on 15th Feb and then Cage the Elephant in Leeds on 16th Feb.

God, that feels like forever ago 😔

Mine was also Cage The Elephant 22nd Feb at Ally Pally, hopefully will see them at Glastonbury one day!

Mine was Menzingers with Spanish Love Songs supporting them in Bristol in Feb and it was great.

What annoys me most is that there were loads of gigs I fancied going to in Feb and March but I held back due to the fact that I had absolutely loads of gigs/festivals booked for April/May/June.

My main regret is not going to the Teatament/Exodus and Death Angel gig in Bristol in March but I keep having to remind myself that members of all three bands ended up with Covid-19 so I should be glad I didn’t go.

I know I’m missing gigs but regretting not going to a gig that clearly had cases of Covid is stretching it too far, I’m not that dedicated to music, haha.

• Upvote 1

Foals at SBE, followed by Fontaines at Brixton and my last gig was National Service and Man of Moon at the Shacklewell Arms, 2nd March. We're going to one of these Pub In The Park gigs tomorrow but the first thing coming up I'd class as a gig is The Howl & the Hum at the Jazz Cafe. Tables rather than standing, but just being inside for live music again is going to be a blast.

[and I see that was my 500th post! 🏆]

Edited by Mackem

12 hours ago, TheBurns said:

Jon Hopkins on the 6th of March. Brilliant gig even with the technical difficulties(also happened at this previous one in Dublin).

This is defo the longest I've been without a gig since I was a teenager. I really can't wait to get back out there.

We had tickets for the Albert Hall gig but it came too late and has been put back to December. Or more likely next year I'd have thought

1 minute ago, Mackem said:

We had tickets for the Albert Hall gig but it came too late and has been put back to December. Or more likely next year I'd have thought

Yeah just realised this has been pushed to December - with everything going on we didn't spot the email in April. Can't see it happening really?

My biggest regret is not going to the Rews gig in Manchester on 13th March, but was already concerned at my 7th March gig and fella is a bit of a nervous wreak so made the call

I did meet my friend the following day for a drink and some food, Manchester was very quiet for a Saturday afternoon but I am glad I did that... I've not been out since and reading this thread is making my sad on all the gigs and festivals that I have missed :(

I do hope it will be more manageable next year

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah just realised this has been pushed to December - with everything going on we didn't spot the email in April. Can't see it happening really?

No chance really. The only way at the RAH would be a socially distanced set up which would be way less than 50% capacity. It's a sell out - more or less - so that's not feasible. Maybe they say everyone with a bar code ending in 0-3 can go 🙃

On 9/4/2020 at 10:38 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Stereophonics in Liverpool at the Mountford Hall 18th January on their warm up show. Was a good gig! 

As of the moment next one is Blossoms rescheduled for April next year but will likely go to a couple in March in Liverpool if gigs are back by then 

I was there!

On 9/4/2020 at 9:33 PM, Harry49 said:

Beans onToast Dec 20 Liverpool.

so many cancelled rescheduled since then, and no real optimism for 2021 at present. 

possibly drunk too much tonight!

And there!

I miss gigs so much. I miss the whole day. From the second you wake up you're buzzing for that night, go out for breakfast, have a boozy day, queuing up with your ticket and then finally you're in. Surrounded by happy people, smiling and singing and dancing! I love it so much!! I cant wait until we can do I again!