When did you last go to a proper gig?

Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

mine was also Aurora in November, at The Roundhouse in Camden.. took my youngest as a treat and a proper treat it was...

blimey it is a long time ago...

i have 5 rescheduled i think...

i was wrong... eldest daughter reminded me it was Octobe Drift @Old Blue Last in Hoxton, Feb 18th..

Very noisy... Very Good.!

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

mine was also Aurora in November, at The Roundhouse in Camden.. took my youngest as a treat and a proper treat it was...

blimey it is a long time ago...

i have 5 rescheduled i think...

Yes, a really great gig, the venue was rammed. You feel she is on the verge of moving up a level, one of our highlights of Glastonbury 19 in theJP. 

• Upvote 1

Last one was The Maine in Bristol on February 28th. Was supposed to see Twin Atlantic on March 20th, I think, and as I parked up after work they postponed the second half of their tour.

I've got 7 rescheduled ones, including the above Twin Atlantic gig which is currently still dated for October, so just waiting for that to get another new date.

I saw The 1975, at Liverpool M&S Arena, on the 26th of February. I witnessed Matt Healey spraining his ankle, then bluff the rest of the set, by waffling on about climate change and stuff.

Lockdown started, more or less, the next day. I remember feeling decidedly jammy, that I had squeezed that gig in, as my last gig; immediately before the pandemic.:dance:

Edited by stt11
spelling

24 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Unclean! Unclean!

It was very hot, sweaty, bouncy, tapps aff (not mine, obvs), shouty.... completely unhygienic and lockdown was close.

God, I miss gigs.

Plus the football was responsible for an outbreak in Liverpool. 

Edited by Gnomicide

My last was the 6music festival at the Roundhouse on 8th March. Already felt like a sketchy time for going to gigs and I did wonder whether we should be or not. There was some speculation on here as to whether it would be cancelled or not. So glad I went now though as it was wonderful: Nadine Shah, Kae Tempest, Kim Gordon, Anna Meredith. Had no idea then that it would be so long before I could go to one again! Feels a lifetime ago already. Squeezed in Dan Deacon and Sleater Kinney in February too.

Have had a few postponed since: Nick Cave, Jon Hopkins, The Chats and Nathan Fake (supposed to be happening in November but I can't see it). 

I bought my first ticket for next year that isn't a reschedule a while back: Bikini Kill in June because, well, Bikini Kill. Don't know if it will happen now to be honest, not least because of the international travel aspect. Also not sure if Kathleen's health issues make her vulnerable.

7 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My last was the 6music festival at the Roundhouse on 8th March. Already felt like a sketchy time for going to gigs and I did wonder whether we should be or not. There was some speculation on here as to whether it would be cancelled or not. So glad I went now though as it was wonderful: Nadine Shah, Kae Tempest, Kim Gordon, Anna Meredith. Had no idea then that it would be so long before I could go to one again! Feels a lifetime ago already. Squeezed in Dan Deacon and Sleater Kinney in February too.

Have had a few postponed since: Nick Cave, Jon Hopkins, The Chats and Nathan Fake (supposed to be happening in November but I can't see it). 

I bought my first ticket for next year that isn't a reschedule a while back: Bikini Kill in June because, well, Bikini Kill. Don't know if it will happen now to be honest, not least because of the international travel aspect. Also not sure if Kathleen's health issues make her vulnerable.

Weirdly enough, since posting this this morning I've just had a message saying Nathan Fake is rescheduling to April...

Orbital headlining an all- day rave at Printworks, a club in an old warehouse in South London on a Sat night in March. It was two days before Johnson did his first 'stay in' message to the nation, so it was all closing in and I grabbed a ticket outside for a tenner.

They sampled Greta looping 'our house is on fire' over Impact (The Earth is Burning) and it felt like the perfect pre-apocalypse sendoff. I saw a Stones tribute in an empty pub the night before - good but not quite as exciting.

91327879_10156609206262581_64923430020972544_o.thumb.jpg.4295b9e77596233c83b7bb1fbb860e7c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It’s absolutely incredible to think how many gigs up and down the country, indeed worldwide, that have been cancelled or rescheduled and the serious effects this is having on the arts and entertainment industry and those whose livelihoods depend on it. When we left a gig last November I could not imagine any situation apart from serious illness  that would prevent me from attending gigs and festivals all this year.  That first gig after all this shit will be a really wonderful experience, won’t ever again take them for granted ! Our rescheduled first gig is due in February, a small venue, Larkin Poe,  the American rock blues duo, who’ve played the Avalon. 

My last gig was going to be International Teachers of Pop in London on a Saturday in October, but I got so blasted at my leaving drinks then had to be back at work that Saturday morning that I shamefully sacked it off as I was so knackered. Their first album was my favourite album of last year, so I kick myself a lot about missing it. 

So it turns out my last gig was Teeth of the Sea, supported by The Utopia Strong (Steve Davis' band). Both were very good. Teeth of the Sea finished on my favourite song of theirs and it blew everyone's eardrums. The Utopia Strong played noodly introspective stuff. Ms P and my two friends lost interest during both performances. I loved every moment.

Ms P and I moved to Australia shortly after and to our shame before lockdown we just didn't get to a gig; we were more about checking out our local places. Right now we are in stage four lockdown and we're not living. We're just killing time. Ms P ain't a pub gig person, but she's going to be once this is over!