When did you last go to a proper gig?

Ayrshire Chris

What was your last proper gig? I mean a real crowded sweaty  gig, not a social distanced one. Thinking today about it and our last was way back in late November last year, Aurora at the swg3 in Glasgow. That’s the longest I’ve been without going to a gig since the early 70s when I first sawT Rex as a young teenager. Within a few months of that I had seen Sabbath, Deep Purple and Alice Cooper! Ever since then I’ve been at a gig at least once every few months not including festivals. Now thanks to this bloody virus, after 40 plus years,  I havnt experienced one for over ten months!  We’ve got seven  rescheduled and two cancellations this year already. Can’t wait until all this shit show is over, times running out for me😢

It’s been frustrating not getting to gigs that we were looking forward to for months but maybe I’m being a bit selfish just starting this thread and not considering others.  To put it in perspective it’s  is nothing compared to the serious effect on the livelihoods of many of the bands, the venue staff, the sound and lighting engineers, roadies etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I was lucky to have two in a row, went to see The 1975 in Nottingham on 15th Feb and then Cage the Elephant in Leeds on 16th Feb.

God, that feels like forever ago 😔

It really does feel like an eternity, as I said in the first post going to gigs has been a part of my life since I was  young teenager, it just seems so strange not to have been at one for ten months. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Were they any good? One of those acts that I've never caught live, but having seen clips of recent shows on YouTube, Eldritch's voice seems shot.

The atmosphere was amazing as folks had come from all over!! (which worried me at the time they way the virus was kicking off at the time)

My view most folk don't care if voice shot, you got the tunes, you love the songs, the crowd going mad... it sort of plays 2nd fiddle and I thought it was pretty good an really enjoyed it :) 

• Upvote 1