2022 Festival

Would seem a little foolish to pull out of a festival due to someone with opposing views was playing, allowing them to preach to your fans while not trying to convert there’s. 

RATM should be trying to play Trump rallies really

19 minutes ago, Benj said:

Would seem a little foolish to pull out of a festival due to someone with opposing views was playing, allowing them to preach to your fans while not trying to convert there’s. 

RATM should be trying to play Trump rallies really

They use to play outside both Democrat and Republican rallies, one of them had a march afterwards with Iraq vets demanding Obama talk to them which led to a police stand off for hours.

Did anyone see that thing last year where a bunch of alt righters on the internet started complaining how Rage have suddenly gone political and they need to get back to writing music rather than having a sudden trendy interest in politics?

Edited by jump

9 minutes ago, jump said:

They use to play outside both Democrat and Republican rallies, one of them had a march afterwards with Iraq vets demanding Obama talk to them which led to a police stand off for hours.

Did anyone see that thing last year where a bunch of alt righters on the internet started complaining how Rage have suddenly gone political and they need to get back to writing music rather than having a sudden trendy interest in politics?

Wasn't that just one guy? Considering how alt right types seem to find "political agendas" in everything, even Christmas adverts, surely they can all identify that Rage are quite obviously a far left band without doing much thinking about it.

Totally unrealistic because they’d be well out of place these days but Coheed and Cambria would be a welcome addition to the Rage day. They used to crop up every few years but with 2016 being the last time, I think the festival has completely moved past them now. I’d love to be proved wrong because bangers for days, init. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, iistroudley said:

Thoughts on KennyHoopla returning?

Possibly but he is doing is own UK tour in June as well as playing Slam Dunk so it could be unlikely. Not sure if the smaller acts get shared with Slam Dunk and R&L. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Totally unrealistic because they’d be well out of place these days but Coheed and Cambria would be a welcome addition to the Rage day. They used to crop up every few years but with 2016 being the last time, I think the festival has completely moved past them now. I’d love to be proved wrong because bangers for days, init. 

Yeah, excellent live band. Went to see them about 5 years ago in Kentish Town Forum and until then I didn’t realise quite what a dedicated following they had. Everyone there seemed a mega-fan and screamed every word (and note) back at them way louder than the band themselves. I couldn’t get anywhere near the merch stand.

Great gig, Glassjaw supporting too.

But, as you say, not what R/L are booking  these days unfortunately.

11 hours ago, nathanh said:

Parklife lineup dropping this month

11 hours ago, plebhead8 said:

Who are the headliners likely to be?

They seem to get a bunch of strong acts rather than like outright headliners but I’d say as a prediction

Tyler The Creator, Doja Cat as some names

(took out SHM)

Edited by Matt42

11 hours ago, nathanh said:

Parklife lineup dropping this month

Seen them claiming it's their best lineup yet - which you would say as the people putting it on, but Parklife does always surprise me with who they get for a field in the middle of Manny.

20 minutes ago, plebhead8 said:

Parklife just tweeted (and deleted?) saying that all 6(?) headliners are ready for the lineup and two new stages, is there normally 6 headliners? I had thought it was 4 for some reason but might be wrong 

Their posters usually have a top line of big acts but I don’t think anyone is marked up as an outright headliner? Maybe the first name but it’s usually a bunch of headliners rather than 3 or so.

C949C0F5-4BD2-4DF9-9E61-BAEEF82707B9.png

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Parklife double Main Staging too?

I reckon they are going to bag someone like The Kid Laori, Lil Nas X, Doja Cat, Jack Harlow etc.

I did check to see if Olivia Rodrigo could do this - but she’d be doing three dates on the trot so I’m not too sure.