2022 Festival

30 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Whilst I dont think ArrDee or JXDN will be the logo names, I do think there are still a couple logo names to come

Oh for sure but what I mean is why would they become logo slots after being announced as smaller, regular texts acts, if you will, in this announcement. The logo acts still to come aren’t already on this lineup is what I mean. 

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Oh for sure but what I mean is why would they become logo slots after being announced as smaller, regular texts acts, if you will, in this announcement. The logo acts still to come aren’t already on this lineup is what I mean. 

Oh yeah for sure 

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

Next announcement predictions? I feel something will come end of January - another 15-20 names.

A$AP Rocky, Raye, Central Cee, Sea Girls, Sundara Kamara, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Holly Humberstone, All Time Low, The Snuts, Unknown T, The Hunna, The Amazons, Digga D, Tion Wayne, JPEGMAFIA, Example, Plan B, Limp Bizkit, Playboy Carti

MSE

Dave > Polo G > Little Simz > Circa Waves > Central Cee > Wallows

Arctics > Wolf Alice > Fontaines > Sea Girls > Madison Beer > Sundara Kamara

Rage > RTJ > Maneskin > Frank Carter & TRSHolly Humberstone > Pale Waves

MSW

Megan > Glass Animals > A$AP Rocky > Joy Crooks > All Time Low > The Snuts 

BMTH > Enter Shikari > JXDN > Jack Harlow > Kid Brunswick > Unknown T

Halsey > Bastille > Ardee > Raye > The Hunna >  The Amazons

1xtra: Denzel Curry, Pink Pantheress, Digga D, Tion Wayne, JPEGMAFIA, Plan B, Playboy Carti

Dance: Example, Wilkinson, Hybrid Minds

Lockup/Pit/FR: Fever 333, Lathums, Chloe Moriondo, Limp Bizkit

These placements are questionable at best. Playboi Carti will be on the mainstage, ASAP is too big for that slot too. There is simply no room left for artists that size on the lineup.

Plan B in 2023 interesting choice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aech said:

Yeah because Architects and Bring Me The Horizon famously always play Download and not Reading... 🙄

Also not comparable to any other top three other than last years is it considering there's another main stage across the way.

There is no need to be pedantic about it lol. The similar type of acts. It's still a main stage with a list of 3 that has never been a Reading thing.

Oh and BMTH have played Download more than they've played Reading.

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh and BMTH have played Download more than they've played Reading.

Nah. Bring Me have played Reading 6 times (7 if you include 2022) including 4 times on the main stage and they played Download 5 times but only one of those times was on the main stage.

To be honest I'm surprised they have played Download that many times.

Edited by jump

“With the announcement of Coachella’s lineup expected imminently, the biz is abuzz once more about which acts will be topping the bill. Word has it that erstwhile headliner Rage Against the Machine has dropped out, throwing a new wrench into the works.

Frank Ocean has postponed until 2023, and with Travis Scott having become uninsurable after the ASTROWORLD tragedy, the top of the bill has been in disarray—especially given the necessity of replacing Scott on Sunday with a big name. Both Swedish House Mafiaand Billie Eilish are said to have been confirmed as headliners, though neither has been officially announced. SHM is thought to be a weak headliner by many observers, and there has been some chatter about replacing it as well.

The top names for Paul Tollett’s desert fest—scheduled for 4/15-17 and 4/22-24, unless COVID says otherwise—remain the subject of wild speculation. Stay tuned.”

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329738&title=COACHELLA-HEADLINERS%3A-WHO'S-UP%3F

when do we start panicking that rage have canned their tour?

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If Coachella doesn't drop by next week there might be something to the rumours that they're postponing shows. 

Cochella and RL are also 4 months apart so there's no guarantee what happens to one will affect the other. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

“With the announcement of Coachella’s lineup expected imminently, the biz is abuzz once more about which acts will be topping the bill. Word has it that erstwhile headliner Rage Against the Machine has dropped out, throwing a new wrench into the works.

Frank Ocean has postponed until 2023, and with Travis Scott having become uninsurable after the ASTROWORLD tragedy, the top of the bill has been in disarray—especially given the necessity of replacing Scott on Sunday with a big name. Both Swedish House Mafiaand Billie Eilish are said to have been confirmed as headliners, though neither has been officially announced. SHM is thought to be a weak headliner by many observers, and there has been some chatter about replacing it as well.

The top names for Paul Tollett’s desert fest—scheduled for 4/15-17 and 4/22-24, unless COVID says otherwise—remain the subject of wild speculation. Stay tuned.”

https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=329738&title=COACHELLA-HEADLINERS%3A-WHO'S-UP%3F

NOW. PANIC. AHHHHH.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

These placements are questionable at best. Playboi Carti will be on the mainstage, ASAP is too big for that slot too. There is simply no room left for artists that size on the lineup.

Plan B in 2023 interesting choice

Agreed. A$AP Rocky is a festival headliner and wouldn't be anything less than a sub. 

Playboi Carti in a tent would probably be the biggest health and safety risk of all time - another who'd most probably be sub. 

I'm not buying Rage are pulling out but IF they were to what bands could they get to replace them?

Gorillaz wouldn't look out of place with RTJ and Maneskin beneath them on the line up and are active in Aug but would depend if APE have an exclusive billing on them or not. Metallica, Queens Of The Stone Age or Slipknot are touring Europe and have no UK dates and would be the closer to appeasing Rage fans, Royal Blood would be a good shout imo, maybe Foos or My Chemical Romance if they wait to announce them after their UK dates are willing to come back from the US.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I'm not buying Rage are pulling out but IF they were to what bands could they get to replace them?

Gorillaz wouldn't look out of place with RTJ and Maneskin beneath them on the line up and are active in Aug but would depend if APE have an exclusive billing on them or not. Metallica, Queens Of The Stone Age or Slipknot are touring Europe and have no UK dates and would be the closer to appeasing Rage fans, Royal Blood would be a good shout imo, maybe Foos or My Chemical Romance if they wait to announce them after their UK dates are willing to come back from the US.

Royal Blood would be a very disappointing replacement size wise. QOTSA are meant to be at Glastonbury but would definitely make sense given they pulled out last year. I can't see them coughing up for Foos given its already sold out on the other hand

If Rage do pull out. I see FR bumping BMTH to headline the Rage day because there is probably more of a overlap between BMTH and Halsey fans compared to Rage. Who they would then get to play before Arctic Monkeys is the interesting question with the festival being sold out so here are some options below:

Potential MSW Headliners: Yungblud, Sam Fender (might be locked in for 2023), Wolf Alice (bump up), Courteeners, Royal Blood, Anderson Paak, Haim (wishlist)

Discuss

11 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

If Rage do pull out. I see FR bumping BMTH to headline the Rage day because there is probably more of a overlap between BMTH and Halsey fans compared to Rage. Who they would then get to play before Arctic Monkeys is the interesting question with the festival being sold out so here are some options below:

Potential MSW Headliners: Yungblud, Sam Fender (might be locked in for 2023), Wolf Alice (bump up), Courteeners, Royal Blood, Anderson Paak, Haim (wishlist)

Discuss

Nah, that would piss people off who have already got day tixs to see Bring Me.

1 hour ago, robmongascy said:

Has anybody with the instalment plan had their instalment for January come out yet? Still haven’t had anything here

My transaction date was the 1st but only came out yesterday so could still be filtering through

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Royal Blood would be a very disappointing replacement size wise. QOTSA are meant to be at Glastonbury but would definitely make sense given they pulled out last year. I can't see them coughing up for Foos given its already sold out on the other hand

There's still day tixs to flog but my thinking was since Foos have a good relationship with the fest someone like them is more likely to step in then as a 2nd choice headliner than trying to convince a different name band to step in last min.

51 minutes ago, Sorcha17 said:

I could see BMTH moving to the RATM day and someone like Foals slotting in under AM if Rage do pull out.

1. wouldn't happen would just mean even more pissed off people

2. they would want the new name on the date with the pull out, effectively selling tickets for 3 headliners instead of 2

3 hours ago, gfa said:

QOTSA aren't MSE sized. The Sunday would look incredibly weak with them topping the bill