2022 Festival

If RATM drop out, it isn't the end of the world. Very little hype for them, the crowd will be relatively sparse compared to other acts that fit the current zeitgeist. The majority of those who enjoy their music last went to the festival 15-20 years ago. I'd honestly prefer Muse, QOTSA, RHCP etc - they'd put on a better show in my opinion than just being stuck in a sea of CEX employees headbanging for 2 hours.

Imagine if they bump up BMTH to fill Rage's spot and bring in Yungblud to play MSW! Christ.

I can see Playboy Carti, and A$ap Rocky playing. A$AP released a decent album yesterday. I can also see Digga D and Central Cee being there, possibly heading 1xtra.

• Downvote 1

Next announcement predictions? I feel something will come end of January - another 15-20 names.

A$AP Rocky, Raye, Central Cee, Sea Girls, Sundara Kamara, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Holly Humberstone, All Time Low, The Snuts, Unknown T, The Hunna, The Amazons, Digga D, Tion Wayne, JPEGMAFIA, Example, Plan B, Limp Bizkit, Playboy Carti

MSE

Dave > Polo G > Little Simz > Circa Waves > Central Cee > Wallows

Arctics > Wolf Alice > Fontaines > Sea Girls > Madison Beer > Sundara Kamara

Rage > RTJ > Maneskin > Frank Carter & TRSHolly Humberstone > Pale Waves

MSW

Megan > Glass Animals > A$AP Rocky > Joy Crooks > All Time Low > The Snuts 

BMTH > Enter Shikari > JXDN > Jack Harlow > Kid Brunswick > Unknown T

Halsey > Bastille > Ardee > Raye > The Hunna >  The Amazons

1xtra: Denzel Curry, Pink Pantheress, Digga D, Tion Wayne, JPEGMAFIA, Plan B, Playboy Carti

Dance: Example, Wilkinson, Hybrid Minds

Lockup/Pit/FR: Fever 333, Lathums, Chloe Moriondo, Limp Bizkit

Edited by Chad888

38 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I think the best way to deal with any rumours about RATM pulling out is to ignore them and hope they go away.

If we don’t talk about it then it won’t be a reality. If everyone carries on for the next 8 months as if RATM are playing then they’ll have to turn up.

I like this.

RATM will not pull out if I just simply shut my eyes.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The rumour is that they are delaying their tour tho.

They can delay their US tour to be after the European tour. It might put massive doubt on them headlining Coachella - if Coachella wanted to be first major date in the book - but that is true with another delay regardless.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

JXDN playing third down has made me chuckle both times I’ve seen it suggested. Third down the Pit, sure. 

JXDN is the US version of Yungblud. Around equal in terms of listeners (which was something you previously used to justify Yungblud being a headliner).

He will be around the placing of Arizona Zervas last year who was 4th on the former R1 stage.

Edited by Chad888

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

If RATM drop out, it isn't the end of the world. Very little hype for them, the crowd will be relatively sparse compared to other acts that fit the current zeitgeist. The majority of those who enjoy their music last went to the festival 15-20 years ago.

Yes but you also have folk now going specifically for just Rage which will be a massive blow to them as they going in spite of the zeitgeist of soundcloud rappers and Maneskin.

This talk about RATM is nonsense. Why would they drop out two weeks after getting announced? Rock En Seine just sold fresh tickets for them.

If they cancel Coachella and postpone the US leg they can easily keep those three European dates in place. They played 3 shows only in 2008 as well. Nothing new. Actually the European leg was supposed to be expanded and to happen after Reading. Dates for Prag and Krakow are 19 September and 15 September.

Maybe they want to announce all rescheduled dates (US and EU) at once and that‘s why they pulled the announcement for the European leg before Christmas on short notice.

And Coachella is not a deal breaker for Reading, they don‘t have first show exclusivity. The itinerary for the first postponement for RATM to 2021 would have had Coachella somewhere in between in October.

Edited by Karlos12345

Cant see Madison Beer being pushed up to a mainstage slot- Im a fan of her music and am seeing her at Manchester Academy in April, but after the response on socials last year I cant see her being anywhere but the Dance Stage (where she was originally scheduled for) 

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

JXDN is the US version of Yungblud. Around equal in terms of listeners (which was something you previously used to justify Yungblud being a headliner).

He will be around the placing of Arizona Zervas last year who was 4th on the former R1 stage.

Not a chance. Listeners don’t translate to festival slots unfortunately. Yungblud is massive in the UK in comparison to Jxdn. Jxdn hasn’t even sold Kentish Town forum out next year at around £22 but Yungblud sold out 5 nights there last year for around £31 a ticket and these were sold out before Weird! came out. Jxdn is a mid-high pit stage act. If he’s on main stage he’ll be first or second on. 

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

He’s really not. He doesn’t play shows the size that YUNGBLUD does which is what matters more than monthly plays (which is why using monthly plays as the main metric of size is silly). He won’t be anywhere near that high on the Main Stage. He was due to play mid Pit/LU last year and I don’t see much reason as to why he would play much higher than that this year because he isn’t really anything in the UK. 

Also, why would he (and ArrDee) be logo acts but not be so on the poster now? Neither of them will be third down or higher. 

I’ve also just seen you suggest Kid Brunswick for mid Main Stage. Kid Brunswick who has recently opened up a three band bill for Don Broco in academies. No chance either. 

Edited by Andre91

It's probably one of the other A$AP Mob lot who released an album.

There's so many to keep track of as there's A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ginger, A$AP Sporty, A$AP Posh, A$AP Baby and A$AP Scary.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Also, why would he (and ArrDee) be logo acts but not be so on the poster now? Neither of them will be third down or higher. 

Whilst I dont think ArrDee or JXDN will be the logo names, I do think there are still a couple logo names to come

3 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

should only be three more to fill the slots on MSW unless there's going to be some more special guests which is doubtful

Yeah theres very few logo MSW acts so I’d imagine we will be getting those next announcement. I dont think theres gonna be any other special guests other than Jack Harlow which is already announced

On 12/31/2021 at 7:02 PM, thewayiam said:

You know that doesn't shout out R&L purist, it shouts out Download Festival. 

Even back in the mid 2000s they never did a top 3 like that. 2003 is the last time there was something like that and it wasn't as heavy even then as 3 acts like that in a row. Shikari being lower that MSW sub given that would put them actually playing 4th is unlikely.

Yeah because Architects and Bring Me The Horizon famously always play Download and not Reading... 🙄

Also not comparable to any other top three other than last years is it considering there's another main stage across the way.

Edited by Aech
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1