2022 Festival

21 hours ago, NoBuses said:

Will never ever happen but Kanye has got to headline some point, he's back on top form.. look at the setlist ffs 

image.png.7a38e9ad70c943a65315021db37a7a7a.png

Only a rumour - but he might be setting himself up for a short run of shows in 2022. Whether that includes Europe I dunno. But he’s rumoured for Coachella who could be dropping their lineup in the next few days.

It’s not unlike Kanye to do one offs though- I think he did Glasto as a one off. So his schedule is a bit hard to predict. Really can’t see him doing a massive world tour anymore.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I honestly think if they swapped Halsey and BMTH Rage day might sell better. 

Would Halsey sell a lot of day tickets on her own? I know she’s got a following but I dunno about her ability to be a major ticket shifter.

Halsey is an artist thats nice to see on the lineup and someone I'll see but not someone who I can imagine people would buy a ticket because shes there

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Halsey is an artist thats nice to see on the lineup and someone I'll see but not someone who I can imagine people would buy a ticket because shes there

This is why I think the 6 headliners thing is a good idea because I don’t doubt she can do a good headline set - but if it was 3 headliners only she’d be a risky booking.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Would Halsey sell a lot of day tickets on her own? I know she’s got a following but I dunno about her ability to be a major ticket shifter.

I agree that RATM x BMTH would likely have sold better. 

Rage Against The Machine, Halsey, Maneskin, Run The Jewels is decent enough at the moment for a day ticket. I’m hoping a few more acts make an appearance which sweetens up the day, but I bought a ticket because catching RATM again is no guarantee. The band has been on and off for a long time. I’m not going to risk waiting for them to do their own show as that day may not come. 

I reckon the next time they pack it in, that will be it. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

This is why I think the 6 headliners thing is a good idea because I don’t doubt she can do a good headline set - but if it was 3 headliners only she’d be a risky booking.

For sure. She has the songs and stage presence to do it. But 3 headliner setup I wouldnt be interested by her being on the bill

Just now, Matt42 said:

Rage Against The Machine, Halsey, Maneskin, Run The Jewels is decent enough at the moment for a day ticket. I’m hoping a few more acts make an appearance which sweetens up the day, but I bought a ticket because catching RATM again is no guarantee. The band has been on and off for a long time. I’m not going to risk waiting for them to do their own show as that day may not come. 

I reckon the next time they pack it in, that will be it. 

I’ve seen people saying they’re avoiding R&L because of the ‘inevitable tour’ RATM will do in 2023. I’d love to know what makes a tour two years away so inevitable. It’s just as possible that RATM will play this run of shows and then decide to pack it in again. I also agree that this is their last hurrah and I cannot see them coming back for a third time in future. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve seen people saying they’re avoiding R&L because of the ‘inevitable tour’ RATM will do in 2023. I’d love to know what makes a tour two years away so inevitable. It’s just as possible that RATM will play this run of shows and then decide to pack it in again. I also agree that this is their last hurrah and I cannot see them coming back for a third time in future. 

I treat them like Tool now. When there are here, see them. Treat it always like the last time.

I won’t be surprised if next summer they come to Europe for that short run which fulfils their obligation to Rock Werchter and/or Hell Fest and that’s it. No guarantee they will come back to the UK again. 

This will be a ginormous show for R&L. It might not have the impact it had in 2008 but it will still be big. Maybe some of the youngsters will come back with a new favourite band?

34 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I made this mistake with Pulp in 2011. Couldn't really afford a ticket, assumed they'd be around for a few years and put a new album out. How wrong I was, and how much I regret it to this day.

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I treat them like Tool now. When there are here, see them. Treat it always like the last time.

I won’t be surprised if next summer they come to Europe for that short run which fulfils their obligation to Rock Werchter and/or Hell Fest and that’s it. No guarantee they will come back to the UK again. 

This will be a ginormous show for R&L. It might not have the impact it had in 2008 but it will still be big. Maybe some of the youngsters will come back with a new favourite band?

And while we're on the subject, when was the last time people, especially in this country in particular, had a chance to see both Rage and Tool in the same year? Surely it must have been the '90s.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Would have been fine based on what happened, but they may have been worried about implications on weekend ticket sales.

41 minutes ago, VCK said:

And while we're on the subject, when was the last time people, especially in this country in particular, had a chance to see both Rage and Tool in the same year? Surely it must have been the '90s.

I know! I have tickets to both and I feel like a lucky lucky boy

6 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here yet, but I saw a tweet saying that Sam Fender announced himself at a small Leeds gig he played recently. 

Don’t even know where he’d fit, he’s MSW headline level imo, but he’s doing the Finsbury Park gig which is FR. 

Only place I could see is under Halsey or MTS, but I think he’d have to have a ‘Plus Special Guest’ tag

54 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Don’t even know where he’d fit, he’s MSW headline level imo, but he’s doing the Finsbury Park gig which is FR. 

Only place I could see is under Halsey or MTS, but I think he’d have to have a ‘Plus Special Guest’ tag

Really cannot see him doing Finsbury Park, Truck AND R&L. Seems a bit over the top to me - especially given how well the festival has sold. Crazy addition if so

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s strange. It’s like R&L have found their sweet spot in the market again and it’s selling like a proper AAA festival again.

A few years ago I thought the festival was on a serious downward trend.

They've seemingly hit there new demographic fully and understand what they want. And this year bringing back the big names the rock/indie crowd want. Its destined for success

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

They've seemingly hit there new demographic fully and understand what they want. And this year bringing back the big names the rock/indie crowd want. Its destined for success

I don't think anyone is that bothered about RATM honestly its just Arctic Monkeys. There's no sub/3rd down landfill indie either which has done so well recently. Will be interesting to see what happens next year

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think anyone is that bothered about RATM honestly its just Arctic Monkeys. There's no sub/3rd down landfill indie either which has done so well recently. Will be interesting to see what happens next year

Yeah, nobody at all is bothered that RATM are there. Not one punter. 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

It’s strange. It’s like R&L have found their sweet spot in the market again and it’s selling like a proper AAA festival again.

A few years ago I thought the festival was on a serious downward trend.

COVID has had a big impact, resulting in the quick sell out last year, creating some nice FOMO for FR. As someone said last year, sellouts breed sellouts.

The two main stages is a bit of a master stroke too, making the bill look much stronger than it actually is. Once more we’ll actually be 40 off acts down on 2019, having to sit through some guff that gets airplay in Radio One, instead of checking out something new. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

To be the exception that proves your rule, I don’t give a fuck about Arctic Monkeys but am looking forward to RATM

31 minutes ago, Benj said:

having to sit through some guff that gets airplay in Radio One, instead of checking out something new. 

That wouldn't be such a problem if the Lock UP/Pit stages weren't so shit nowadays. Maybe I will just bottle Maneskin instead to kill time? 😜 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

RATM and BMTH made me and my partner secure weekend tickets for only the 2nd time since 2015.