2022 Festival

If not Arctic Monkeys then what about The Strokes? Or did I see they were ruled out? If not, I wonder if they could still pull off a full on main stage headline slot. Also it's now 20 years since Is This It? (good lord I feel old) so it'd be nice if they had plans to do it in full.

23 minutes ago, VCK said:

If not Arctic Monkeys then what about The Strokes? Or did I see they were ruled out? If not, I wonder if they could still pull off a full on main stage headline slot. Also it's now 20 years since Is This It? (good lord I feel old) so it'd be nice if they had plans to do it in full.

Think it was mentioned that they're a Northern England exclusive at Lytham whatever it's called festival which is a shame if true. Agree that they'd be great at R&L, can't argue that the crowd wouldn't be up for it.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Yeah the Strokes almost certainly aren't playing, I definitely remember reading something about Lytham Festival having some degree of exclusivity.

Yeah they do. Honestly confused where it is they will be heading though - maybe a huge headliner for like Y Not or a return to APE or Finsbury maybe? Theres not a whole lot left - maybe Latitude too actually.

just seen on R&L’s halloween quiz Slipknot included to reignite that rumour, no idea if they are double booked for theweekend but yeah

Am i missing something also but surely Rizzle Kicks is very similar to say Dizzee Rascal who continues to get big slots at festivals of all types? Not saying either are likely but same vibe correct, and Dizzee did APE and Boardies recently

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Am i missing something also but surely Rizzle Kicks is very similar to say Dizzee Rascal who continues to get big slots at festivals of all types? Not saying either are likely but same vibe correct, and Dizzee did APE and Boardies recently

Dizzee has musical credibility. Rizzle Kicks do not - not that it is relevant in any way. I’m sure Rizzle Kicks would be far better suited  to Boardmasters, YNOT or Truck etc. 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Yeah they do. Honestly confused where it is they will be heading though - maybe a huge headliner for like Y Not or a return to APE or Finsbury maybe? Theres not a whole lot left - maybe Latitude too actually.

just seen on R&L’s halloween quiz Slipknot included to reignite that rumour, no idea if they are double booked for theweekend but yeah

Strokes are doing a London show. No R&L.

7 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Would love this, but can’t see the Killers or Paramore being there unfortunately

Killers are due an encore go at R&L imo, given they haven't played it since 2008 and I seem to recall consensus at the time saying that they had a tricky one due to the sound system not working properly, but they're playing a ton of UK shows in May/June and according to Songkick have Las Vegas and LA shows over the Reading weekend.

So, yeah, they're out.

4 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Think it was mentioned that they're a Northern England exclusive at Lytham whatever it's called festival which is a shame if true. Agree that they'd be great at R&L, can't argue that the crowd wouldn't be up for it.

That and I think they're on the Chili Peppers tour in the States at the same time as R&L.

I'm still kinda gutted I missed the Strokes/Pulp co-headline in 2011, but such was the fact 18 year old me couldn't afford to do the whole weekend.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Killers are due an encore go at R&L imo, given they haven't played it since 2008 and I seem to recall consensus at the time saying that they had a tricky one due to the sound system not working properly, but they're playing a ton of UK shows in May/June and according to Songkick have Las Vegas and LA shows over the Reading weekend.

So, yeah, they're out.

I’d like to think The Killers are low hanging fruit for R&L if they needed a band headliner - but they don’t seem to be coming back. I thought with them headlining latitude that one year it would be likely in the future but doesn’t seem to have happened yet.

I think The Killers would go down fantastically but they haven’t been back in what will be 15 years come 2023 so if they haven’t come back in that time, I don’t think they ever will. That’s a long gap between headliners and there can’t be many examples of headliners having such a long gap between appearances like that. Can anyone think of any? 

20 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Kings of Leon was 9, RATM would have been 12.

Think RHCP was 9 as well thinking about it.

I didn’t count RATM and RHCP because they had both done it in the 90s, then again and then again in 2016 and 2020. Typing that, it seems totally irrelevant 😂

2 hours ago, mylesharrison said:

Might be a bit of a stretch, but the Reading and Leeds social media team put up that Halloween video to the sound of a bring me the horizon song and quickly deleted it and replaced it with some stock standard Halloween sounds 👀

Prob just to avoid licensing costs!

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Strokes are doing a London show. No R&L.

Got any idea what weekend/venue? Guessing you can’t say much but whatever you have would be appreciated or just shoot me a dm so i can keep the weekend clear. Hope it stacks up to their day at APE, that lineup was beautiful.

killers defo could slot in - they have that huge stadium tour next year but its been sold out for like 2 years now and i’d say R&L crowd is pretty different to people dropping £80 on stadium tickets honestly so I don’t think it would be that crazy to get them next year schedule dependent. Surprised its been so long honestly

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

Got any idea what weekend/venue? Guessing you can’t say much but whatever you have would be appreciated or just shoot me a dm so i can keep the weekend clear. Hope it stacks up to their day at APE, that lineup was beautiful.

killers defo could slot in - they have that huge stadium tour next year but its been sold out for like 2 years now and i’d say R&L crowd is pretty different to people dropping £80 on stadium tickets honestly so I don’t think it would be that crazy to get them next year schedule dependent. Surprised its been so long honestly

I'd take matt with a pinch of salt, they like to pretend they have insider info but it's often the same speculation and rumours everyone else knows on here.

41 minutes ago, gfa said:

24 minutes ago, jump said:

I'd take matt with a pinch of salt, they like to pretend they have insider info but it's often the same speculation and rumours everyone else knows on here.

I assume it's in reference to @NoBuses saying that The Strokes are playing BST. Hard to pin down a day because there have been BST shows on Thursdays before as well.

People have been saying that there was a max. of 7 shows and now they have 7 shows there after the latest announcement, so I'm not sure if that's thrown that rumour out or if the 7 show cap is flexible.

Whatever happens though, a London show is always likely for them and Lytham has effectively ruled out R+L.

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I didn’t count RATM and RHCP because they had both done it in the 90s, then again and then again in 2016 and 2020. Typing that, it seems totally irrelevant 😂

But also RATM we’re not active for a fair few of those years. I do agree with your point that it seems strangely overdue, but my guess is that the Killers have plenty of options of places to be - and they don’t mind only doing their own shows. Maybe they don’t think first of R&L when it comes to planning their summer tours.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

50 minutes ago, jump said:

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I assume it's in reference to @NoBuses saying that The Strokes are playing BST. Hard to pin down a day because there have been BST shows on Thursdays before as well.

People have been saying that there was a max. of 7 shows and now they have 7 shows there after the latest announcement, so I'm not sure if that's thrown that rumour out or if the 7 show cap is flexible.

Whatever happens though, a London show is always likely for them and Lytham has effectively ruled out R+L.

^^ a dental says the Stokes are a northern exclusive and there is someone with info they are doing BST or something - but now they’ve maxed 7 shows I wonder if they are just back at APE.