2022 Festival

21 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

Hoping they give Sammy Fender the bump up next year to sub at least, the momentum's there and could be seen as an exciting new (cheap) headliner for them. Could be ideal before RATM 😄

He was sun last year was he not? Would love to see him as headliner

35 minutes ago, VCK said:

Their last album reached number one, so they have more number one albums than A Day To Remember.

On that basis The Lathums, Inhaler and The Snuts should also be in the discussion then

Number 1 album can be had these days with a lengthy pre-order campaign of a picture disk vinyl on social and a well chosen week to release. 

Edited by Benj
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

On that basis The Lathums, Inhaler and The Snuts should also be in the discussion then

Number 1 album can be had these days with a lengthy pre-order campaign of a picture disk vinyl on social and a well chosen week to release. 

Wait, The Lathums had a number one album?

IDLES have been one of the most talked about British acts of the past few years, a sub slot for them wouldn't be too extraordinary.

43 minutes ago, VCK said:

Wait, The Lathums had a number one album?

IDLES have been one of the most talked about British acts of the past few years, a sub slot for them wouldn't be too extraordinary.

I agree, not on the basis that they had a number one LP though

1 hour ago, sameimpala said:

Ah yeah he was sub to catfish i guess. still confuses me this 2 main stage business 😅 

Sam and Dave would be great headliners. Definitely as big/relevant, if not more than catfish and disclosure were last year.

Sam Fender / Dua
RATM / Dave
Killers / Paramore 

🤔

Would love this, but can’t see the Killers or Paramore being there unfortunately

1 hour ago, sameimpala said:

Ah yeah he was sub to catfish i guess. still confuses me this 2 main stage business 😅 

Sam and Dave would be great headliners. Definitely as big/relevant, if not more than catfish and disclosure were last year.

Sam Fender / Dua
RATM / Dave
Killers / Paramore 

🤔

Dave would be MSE, Fender on MSW. Honestly hope we get someone other than Fender, thought he was pretty so-so at boardmasters, would prefer a proper band or get gerry back 🙏

Fucking Rizzle Kicks. Come off it. Even Reading in 2022 wouldn’t sink to those depths of absolute irrelevancy. Genuine T4 on the beach stuff. Go and see them at your local fair or whatever other small festival they will be at, Reading doesn’t need to book, nor will they book, someone like them. 

What’ll be the next request, N-Dubz? JLS?  Roll Deep?

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Fucking Rizzle Kicks. Come off it. Even Reading in 2022 wouldn’t sink to those depths of absolute irrelevancy. Genuine T4 on the beach stuff. Go and see them at your local fair or whatever other small festival they will be at, Reading doesn’t need to book, nor will they book, someone like them. 

What’ll be the next request, N-Dubz? JLS?  Roll Deep?

They are making a comeback, they are decently big on tiktok as well as my age group (18 year olds). I'd love it

I wouldn’t like to see Rizzle Kicks at the festival, but it does piss me off when people get elitist over what acts should be allowed at a festival, they’re just naturally catering to their ever-changing demographic of ticket buyers, which means there will be more and more pop/rap music (which will likely be influenced heavily by TikTok etc) in the years to come.

Just now, Jack.194 said:

I wouldn’t like to see Rizzle Kicks at the festival, but it does piss me off when people get elitist over what acts should be allowed at a festival, they’re just naturally catering to their ever-changing demographic of ticket buyers, which means there will be more and more pop/rap music (which will likely be influenced heavily by TikTok etc) in the years to come.

No problem at all with pop and hip hop being on the lineups - what we don’t need is shite pop artists from a decade ago taking up space on the lineups which could be filled with exciting, newer artists of that nature. Luckily, there’s no chance of Rizzle   Kicks being booked so no need to worry about that. Suggesting them did get me to bite, though 😂