2022 Festival

3 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Boardmasters lineup is pretty dreadful 

69DD5A9C-B08D-423F-9597-01106E6A4910.jpeg

That’s shite imo, I’m still in the process of deciding which festival/s to go to this year and Boardmasters was a potentially, but that’s definitely taken it off the list. If Reading is anything similar I’ll be bitterly disappointed as I am hoping the lineup is good enough to get tickets for.

Fingers crossed we’re not getting our hopes up with all the RATM/AM etc. talk

10 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

That’s shite imo, I’m still in the process of deciding which festival/s to go to this year and Boardmasters was a potentially, but that’s definitely taken it off the list. If Reading is anything similar I’ll be bitterly disappointed as I am hoping the lineup is good enough to get tickets for.

Fingers crossed we’re not getting our hopes up with all the RATM/AM etc. talk

Boardmasters is a shithole don’t bother, hell to get to and back and organisation is awful. Alcohol limits too

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Boardmasters is a shithole don’t bother, hell to get to and back and organisation is awful. Alcohol limits too

Cheers for the shout, I saw a lot on the news about Boardmasters last year, didn’t look fantastic but they’ve had good lineups in the past.

I’m lucky enough to I have Glasto tickets, but I’m a teacher so can only go for the weekend, which is why I’m looking for a second festival that I can fully enjoy.

It’s between Reading, and Truck atm.

Also might do the Sunday of Neighbourhood Weekender.

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

If Boardies lineup is a sign for whats to come- god help us

More names than ever are around next summer, it means nothing. it just rules out George Ezra and KOL - which i think everyone here will be happy about

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

why?

just felt like it tbh 

Nah, i’d been predicting them as sub anyway just picking the ones from that poster i reckon will show up. Doubt they’ll be boardies exclusive (EDIT: remembered they’ve been announced for other fests already) and could see them being brought back for a RATM day

Edited by TheWaters

IDLES are clearly happy to play anywhere they can. I can’t see R&L having them as a sub based on that; they could likely get them to play third down one of the Main Stages just as much as they could a sub - I doubt IDLES would be bothered. 

Bastille as a sub though is something I can see happening for sure. 

Just now, Andre91 said:

IDLES are clearly happy to play anywhere they can. I can’t see R&L having them as a sub based on that; they could likely get them to play third down one of the Main Stages just as much as they could a sub - I doubt IDLES would be bothered. 

Yeah sub or 3rd, don’t have to be sub. Only said that because i’d had them down as a sub over others

Bastille playing every other fest at minimum is surely a certainty at this point 

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

It’s between Reading, and Truck atm.

Truck is on the small side but is a good festival and increasingly seems to be getting good line-ups for one like that. I had a great time there in 2019, so wouldn't be unhappy at a rerun (maybe not in 2022 though given I've already booked about a dozen concerts for next summer and have an eye on something in Europe).

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I mean Reading sells out every year and they could sub so they would get them to sub to save money from a business perspective. Would be a great act before RATM for example although probs suit MSW sub more

2 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Looks like no Kings of Leon at R&L.

Thank god.

Much as I like KoL, I can't really see it. Was surprised they were even invited back after the messy 2009 slot and saw them not go down that well in 2018.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Would've thought the range of announcements they've made for arenas and other fests meant they'd be a likelier booking for 2023. But then they're clearly around.

20 hours ago, sacred shape said:

http://www.slate.fr/story/217485/salles-concerts-public-manque-musique-artistes-tourneurs-programmateurs

AM not about this year?

'AM wanted to come back in 2022, and has decided to wait until the year after, 2023, to launch an international tour, when the sanitary situation will be better for international trips'

('conseille à ses artistes d'attendre 2023 quand il n'est pas nécessaire pour eux de tourner. C'est le cas, par exemple, d'Arctic Monkeys qui devait revenir en 2022 et qui a décidé d'attendre l'année suivante pour se lancer dans une série de dates à l'internationale –à une période où, on l'espère, la situation sanitaire sera davantage propice aux mouvements frontaliers.')

Wonder if it's plausible that the amount of repeatedly deferred acts from 2020 and 2021 summer seasons being abandoned means there's also just no room for them, or they've decided to hold back due to the amount of competition. Or maybe to play a speculation game, maybe they'll just do a one-off in 2022 to test the water.

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

Would've thought the range of announcements they've made for arenas and other fests meant they'd be a likelier booking for 2023. But then they're clearly around.

I think Bastille's arena audience are quite unlikely to overlap with their Reading audience. A lot of people are happy to see them 'because they are there' but wouldn't even consider buying a ticket for them. I would say out of my group who goes to Reading, all but one or two people fall into this group. Definitely not ruled out yet imo

2 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Idles being talked about as a sub? wow. No way are they "big" enough for that.

‘Sub’ is in effect up to 4th down now, basically Fender, Wombats, Yungblud this year, not inconceivable.

One further back is probably more realistic though I imagine 

4 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

Idles being talked about as a sub? wow. No way are they "big" enough for that.

Wrong. Tickets wise, they absolutely are. Them playing every festival going and being ok playing lower positions is the reason they might not sub, not them not being ‘big’ enough.