2022 Festival

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I think they’re a safe bet for Creamfields but I posited the same thing the other day. God knows they’d draw a massive crowd with the kids who make up the R&L audience these days because of the big songs they’ve had in the last decade but hopefully we are safe… 

Yeah they will probably just be at Creamfields but at the same time (ironically) if R&L wanted a dance headliner they are probably the best act on the market next year for that?

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah they will probably just be at Creamfields but at the same time (ironically) if R&L wanted a dance headliner they are probably the best act on the market next year for that?

surely Calvin Harris i'd have thought, way more tunes and probably costs less as well. not sure if he's around yet though - he seems to do every year anyway

11 hours ago, VCK said:

They still give high main stage slots to the likes of The Vaccines, The Wombats, The Kooks and Two Door Cinema Club, who have been past their peak of popularity for many years now, so it wouldn't surprise me to see the same for Bastille.

Absolute state of British rock in 2021 btw.

YMAS could easily stray into this territory if they haven't already, Not quite the same appeal but they've had decent slots for a few years running now. Wonder if FR HQ have the same running Wombats joke as this forum.

11 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Granted Im a big fan of all of them (bar The Kooks) but feel that at least The Wombats and The Vaccines don’t dine out on their old stuff to the level of Two Door/Kooks. 

Think I was at all of the above's main stage sets in recent years and am/have been a big fan of them all at some point too. I'm never inspired by any of them when they get announced as a third down/sub but when they actually play it it's been decent. TDCC was a prime example this year for me. At least The Kooks' front man had a dig at Melvin on stage last time at the lack of guitar bands on the bill

Out of those indie bands I think Two Door and The Kooks are the worst as the newer material is awful, both living off their first albums whereas The Wombats last couple of albums have been decent and The Vaccines new album is very good as is their album prior to this years release. 

I think You Me At Six had a poor crowd this year and are terrible live so hoping they don’t return or get high main stage slots, I don’t think they can command a high slot anymore whereas TDCC, The Kooks, The Wombats and The Vaccines still play arena dates and tours. 

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

Out of those indie bands I think Two Door and The Kooks are the worst as the newer material is awful, both living off their first albums whereas The Wombats last couple of albums have been decent and The Vaccines new album is very good as is their album prior to this years release. 

I think You Me At Six had a poor crowd this year and are terrible live so hoping they don’t return or get high main stage slots, I don’t think they can command a high slot anymore whereas TDCC, The Kooks, The Wombats and The Vaccines still play arena dates and tours. 

YMAS had a pitiful crowd headlining the R1 against Kasabian as well, thought they were good this year and supporting BMTH though.

Definitely agree about TDCC and The Kooks, we talk about the guitar band pool thinning but the pool of bands that could command a sub spot is in an even worse state. Shame Circa Waves peaked at their first album, Blossoms are probably a safe bet to take on the mantle.

These days I'd be much more interested in ADTR, Architects, Idles, Yungblud getting the nod not that the first three are likely with the demographic.

Edited by andyrhodes24

21 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

YMAS had a pitiful crowd headlining the R1 against Kasabian as well, thought they were good this year and supporting BMTH though.

Definitely agree about TDCC and The Kooks, we talk about the guitar band pool thinning but the pool of bands that could command a sub spot is in an even worse state. Shame Circa Waves peaked at their first album, Blossoms are probably a safe bet to take on the mantle.

Wolf Alice could definitely sub, although their crowd felt absolutely tiny this year which I thought was odd

2 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wolf Alice could definitely sub, although their crowd felt absolutely tiny this year which I thought was odd

Completely forgot about Wolf Alice if I'm honest but yeah I agree. I didn't see them this year but it almost feels like the day/festival would need to suit their style. From what people have said on here they sounded right at home at Latitude.

3 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

The Wombats get big crowds because the TikTok teenagers love them. Check out those streaming numbers. Doesn't mean they're a good band, like.

They were big before tiktok, every year they play they get a massive crowd

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wolf Alice are older audience a bit more, i'm 20 and a few of my friends have seen them pre covid and everyone has just said they are rubbish live, that along with the lack of singalongs make them hard to group with tdcc/kooks etc

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Wolf Alice are older audience a bit more, i'm 20 and a few of my friends have seen them pre covid and everyone has just said they are rubbish live, that along with the lack of singalongs make them hard to group with tdcc/kooks etc

I thought wolf alice were really good this year

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yeah crowd started off pretty small because Blossoms on the other stage ran over but by the end was decent sized

33 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Where do we think Frank Carter would fit on the bill now? Played 3rd down mainstage in 2019 (Was a rock orientated day), secret set last year. Now got a new album out?....

I could see him being lazily bumped up to sub, even though 3rd was a big slot for him

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

pinkpantheress just sold out a shit tonne of dates in a flash.

mainstage I reckon

tiny venues to be fair, but could defo see her as an early mainstage to get people in the arena. Not sure how well her songs will go down live as most of them are only a minute long

I'm only so-so on Wolf Alice's music but they are very good live. It's like they have made their sound to appeal to tv producers so they can get royalties from being on Grey's Anatomy rather than showing what they are like as a live band. Apparently it's common for female singers to be told during the album recording to tame themselves down by the producer as it's not what the people/label want.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Wolf Alice are great live, as in a properly good live band who put on an engaging show. They pride themselves or doing everything live though, no backing tapes at all. Maybe that just doesn’t slide today

Deffo lack singalongs though and ‘party tunes’ of any nature given what’s en vogue at the mo

Edited by Benj

25 minutes ago, BPM Square said:

Any chance of Foals? They've an album recorded to be released next year and it's been 5 years since they last appeared. 

Probably not big enough to headline MSE right now, but would be a great shout for MSW. Sadly doubt it's going to happen, but always good live and they're active up to July

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Probably not big enough to headline MSE right now, but would be a great shout for MSW. Sadly doubt it's going to happen, but always good live and they're active up to July

Why do you doubt it will happen, nothing so far to suggest they won't?

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Tbf, Don’t Delete the Kisses came on in the club last night and everyone screamed it. It was the indie floor of the Shit Indie Disco but still, felt very good

Shit indie disco isn't really an accurate representation of 2021 nightlife in the UK haha. I was under the assumption people scream the words of every song honestly, i always see it on Instagram

2 hours ago, Matt86 said:

This fest' is happening end of August, might share some names with Reading/Leeds..

hom.jpg

I like the strange vibe the fest’s line up has. I’d love to see a main stage run of Bob Vylan, Clutch, Wolf Alice, Madness and then Slipknot.